Obama Negotiating Release of "Blind Sheikh"

Yes, that's right, the mastermind of the 1993 bombing of the WTC is part of deal being negotiated between the Obama Administration and Egypt, in exchange for some prisoners being held by our solid ally, Egypt.

Al-Arabiya is reporting, in Arabic only so far, that the U.S. is talking with the Egyptian government to free the blind Sheikh and 49 other Egyptians currently imprisoned in the U.S. in exchange for the freedom of the 19 Americans the Egyptians are holding.

The blind Sheikh, Omar Abdel Rahman, is in prison for his role in masterminding the 1993 World Trade Center jihad terror bombing. If he is freed, it will be the apotheosis of Obama's policy of appeasement toward the Islamic world.

"Omar Abdel Rahman at the head of Egyptian-American swap deal," from al-Arabiya (Arabic), February 28 (thanks to Emad). This is my translation from the Arabic:

The Egyptian government has started real action to respond to a U.S. offer offering to release 50 Egyptians in American prisons, including Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, in return for the release of 19 Americans accused of foreign funding of nongovernmental organizations, as confirmed by Major General Mohamed Hani Zaher, an expert on military research and the fight against international terrorism.
Zaher told the newspaper that the Egyptians need to exploit the weak U.S. position, especially after the conviction of their nationals on charges affecting Egypt's sovereignty over its territory, and not to allow this deal to take place without the agreement of the U.S. administration to release more than 500 Egyptian prisoners in U.S. custody; the Egyptian Foreign Ministry does not know anything about them.

He added that the Egyptian Foreign Ministry asked the Egyptian Embassy in Washington for a list of Egyptian prisoners in the United States of America, and the Egyptian consulate there had already started procedures to account for the number of Egyptian prisoners and detainees in custody on a number of charges in the United States, he said, adding that among the prisoners in the Consulate files was Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, the Mufti of Al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya (the Islamic Group) and currently imprisoned in America....

Why don't we just quit giving them money?

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/02/al...-in-egypt.html
So what would you personally do COG to liberate the 19 captured Americans?
So what would you personally do COG to liberate the 19 captured Americans? Originally Posted by SkylarCruzWantsYou
If we do this deal, it will just make Americans targets to be falsely arrested in every Muslim country in the world. It's like paying blackmail.
So what would you personally do COG to liberate the 19 captured Americans? Originally Posted by SkylarCruzWantsYou
Where are they?
Where are they? Originally Posted by LexusLover
They are in Egypt, but back to my question, what would any of you do if you were the president to liberate the 19 Americans who are in captivity in Egypt?
  • CJ7
  • 09-19-2012, 02:45 PM

the same thing he would do to avert the embassy attack with 3 days notice ..

bitch about it, other than that ..

NADA
Skylar, you're a lovely lady, but that is a stupid question. I'm not the President. I don't have all the resources and intelligence available to me that he has, if he would pay attention. Are we going to allow them to arrest our citizens, and then demand that we release terrorists if we want them back? They are supposed to be our ally. If he capitulates to their demand, he is weak, and incompetent. They are playing on that. They are counting on his weakness.

The first thing I would do, is quit sending them money. I would do that before I sent them terrorists.

If we give in to Egypt's demands, then no American is safe anywhere in the world. Local governments will be able to take them hostage, and then demand release of whoever they want from the US. That is not the policy we want to have.

The fact that this even comes up shows the lack of respect the US has around the world. The world thinks they can push us around. And you know what? They can.
  • CJ7
  • 09-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Yes, that's right, the mastermind of the 1993 bombing of the WTC is part of deal being negotiated between the Obama Administration and Egypt, in exchange for some prisoners being held by our solid ally, Egypt.

Al-Arabiya is reporting, in Arabic only so far, that the U.S. is talking with the Egyptian government to free the blind Sheikh and 49 other Egyptians currently imprisoned in the U.S. in exchange for the freedom of the 19 Americans the Egyptians are holding.

The blind Sheikh, Omar Abdel Rahman, is in prison for his role in masterminding the 1993 World Trade Center jihad terror bombing. If he is freed, it will be the apotheosis of Obama's policy of appeasement toward the Islamic world.

"Omar Abdel Rahman at the head of Egyptian-American swap deal," from al-Arabiya (Arabic), February 28 (thanks to Emad). This is my translation from the Arabic:

The Egyptian government has started real action to respond to a U.S. offer offering to release 50 Egyptians in American prisons, including Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, in return for the release of 19 Americans accused of foreign funding of nongovernmental organizations, as confirmed by Major General Mohamed Hani Zaher, an expert on military research and the fight against international terrorism.
Zaher told the newspaper that the Egyptians need to exploit the weak U.S. position, especially after the conviction of their nationals on charges affecting Egypt's sovereignty over its territory, and not to allow this deal to take place without the agreement of the U.S. administration to release more than 500 Egyptian prisoners in U.S. custody; the Egyptian Foreign Ministry does not know anything about them.

He added that the Egyptian Foreign Ministry asked the Egyptian Embassy in Washington for a list of Egyptian prisoners in the United States of America, and the Egyptian consulate there had already started procedures to account for the number of Egyptian prisoners and detainees in custody on a number of charges in the United States, he said, adding that among the prisoners in the Consulate files was Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, the Mufti of Al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya (the Islamic Group) and currently imprisoned in America....

Why don't we just quit giving them money?

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/02/al...-in-egypt.html Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

talking about it and doing it are two different things ... like you said, you dont have the intel much less the resources to make an intelligent comment on the subject ..

chances are theres alot of chest pounding taking place that will lead to absolutely nothing.

but heres a novel concept ..

lets bitch about it long before anything ever happens and blow it as far out of proportion as possible
So I guess we should let our citizens just rot in jail? I was just saying do you think you could come up with any safe alternatives to get American prisoners back home without jeopardizing lives or succumbing to the Egyptian government.

Also why is this the only website I can find this subject on? The rest are forums and conservative blogs- stating back to the February 2012. Wouldn't this exchange have already happened by now? If anybody has any more links to provide more info about this situation that would be great.
Warning against considering releasing a WTC terrorist is "blowing it out of proportion". Only in your alternate reality, CBJ7, only in yours.

But you will defend Obama to the very end. Even releasing a terrorist who bombed the WTC. Amazing.
  • CJ7
  • 09-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Warning against considering releasing a WTC terrorist is "blowing it out of proportion". Only in your alternate reality, CBJ7, only in yours.

But you will defend Obama to the very end. Even releasing a terrorist who bombed the WTC. Amazing. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

nah, youre personally doing everything in your power to calm the situation .

and there you go again ... anyone crosses your path and they are instantly defending Obama
You ALWAYS defend Obama.
  • CJ7
  • 09-19-2012, 03:45 PM
You ALWAYS defend Obama. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

tell me exactly how I just defended anyone ?
  • CJ7
  • 09-19-2012, 04:43 PM
thats what I thought ... you cant defend your inane tripe.

But you will defend Obama to the very end. Even releasing a terrorist who bombed the WTC. Amazing. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
This possible terrorist release reminds of another similar sitution from 2009.

The terrorist, responsible for the Pan Am bombing over Lockerbie Scotland, got released to Libya, because he supposedly only had a few weeks to live.

He was released in 2009 and died this year. It's widely believed that Libya awarded a lucrative contract to British Petroleum as a bribe for his release.

If the blind sheik is released, it will probably be after the election, assuming Odumbo is re-elected. That's when he'll have more "flexibility."