Planning a trip to Columbia

I am planning a trip to Medellín, to hobby, thinking end of October (25th-Nov 3rd). This will be my first trip, but looking at flights, should be cheap-under 900$ round trip. Also looking at staying at the mansion.

Couple of questions:
1) Is there a better time to go? I am looking at doing so other tourist things while there, but focusing on hobbying.
2) Anyone plan on heading that way around that time? Wouldn't have an issue doing a meet up with someone, just be nice to have someone to drink and cat call women with:-)
I just returned with a trip to Medellin this month. I stayed at the Mansion 2 which is up the hill from the main mansion because they didn't have any rooms left at M1. I would definitely recommend staying at M1 because that damn hill to M2 is a bitch. Started taking cabs after a couple days. LOL Medellin surprised me by being a modern city. I'm used to the DR. Anyway I highly recommend staying at the mansion, for first timers. Also english is not spoken much by anyone in Medellin. Only the mansion staff and a few girls can speak any english. I saw mansion chicas late afternoons and evenings for 150K/ST. (about 3K/$1) Get money out of the ATM machines as they give from a 3100-3400K-1 rate while banks exchange rate is only about 2800. Mansion chicas were very GFE and great. I made case runs in the AM's, which was not GFE, but can't complain as I had some for as little as 45K. Cases we visited that were good were Paradise, Energy, New life. For more info on the Medellin scene look at www.ifoundthechicas.com , internationsexguide.info, or mongernetwork.com. Good luck on your trip. I'm returning in July.
Thanks for the info, huskerdude. I was looking at room 209 (M2) at the mansion, will have to rethink the room. My thought was a hot tub in the room for relaxation, but maybe there is one by the pool. Will have to check out their website again. I did send a request a couple days ago for booking, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Any other info is appreciated. I have read the entire section for Columbia, and have found the "how to" thread very informative. Will keep searching!
I just completed my 21h trip to Colombia, I went for 3 weeks. Considering its your first time Medellin is ok for you, but there are plenty of other places to go like Cartagena, Cali, Santa Marta, Bogota etc...etc..etc.. It depends on what Tourist things you would like to do besides the hobby. Medellin is ok, but outside of the hobby and restaurants....theres not to much to do (my opinion). Best time to go during Carnival time. The coast has some nice beaches, if your a beach type of guy.Round trip flight from where?
Check out Quito, Ecuador. Close to same cost on flight.
I want to do some deep sea fishing and maybe some parasailing and snorkeling. Not really a beach guy.
I figured Medellín as that's what I've seen so far for convenience, but I see a lot of girls from Bogota on Twitter.
Haven't booked anything yet, would like to know more about best locations.
I would be flying out of Omaha, NE...
I just booked my trip Sept 10-15. First time and traveling solo. 35 from Dallas TX