Medellin or CR

Looking to make a trip soon and trying to figure out which would be a better place to go.

I have done Asia, now ready to try something different.
I don't speak spanish.

Just trying to figure out which would be better - San Jose or Medellin.
Please post pros and cons of each
Quito, Ecuador. Cheaper than Madillian, a little bit. See my reviews. It was a great time. If you want to do more than the hobby, a ton of historical stuff, nice archeticure, good clubs to salsa/bachata. Go see volcanoes.
My last trip to CR was 2008. After a dozen or so trips, I thought I would retire there until I went to Medellin. Contest over! Colombia in general and Medellin IMHO is superior in many ways. I have had no desire to return to CR although I may someday because I made some good friends there and it's a beautiful / interesting country. Medellin on the other hand, is a relative bargain with MUCH hotter women per capita. As you are obviously a world traveler and used to adapting to new cultures, the only issue you will have is not speaking Spanish. Honestly, at least some basic Spanish is necessary unless you stay in Poblado and at one of the places like the Mansion or Colombia Jake's that cater to the English speaking only. I have never done either because I'd rather spend my money on other stuff and overcoming the challenges. If you're feeling a little daunted by Medellin and don't mind paying for "minders", one of those places is a good option so I'm on good authority informed. The short answer is: Medellin... before it's overrun by too many sex-tourist gringos who may (but I hope do not) eventually turn the place into another San Jose, CR.
Thanks for the information.
After some more research, it does make Columbia sound like a better option.

With that - I still would like to try CR.
So, I think for my first adventure into South/Central America will be CR first and save the best for the next trip. I would hate to do it in reverse - this way I have nothing to judge it by