What's the deal with hippie hollow

I'm new to Austin and I just wondering if there's any thing special about hippie hollow? I have never been to a nude beach before and any specific pointers or tips before I go there?
  • unagi
  • 02-17-2016, 02:36 PM
The main thing is it's the only place in Austin you can be naked in public. I've heard it's a lot longer way down to the water because the lake has been so low. A lot of people take boats and dock out there.
I am planning to go there soon, just to check it out. I am all the way down south side though.
I wouldn't go with the expectation of finding 20 something good looking females. From what I've been told most visitors are old people that should keep their clothes on.
The main thing is it's the only place in Austin you can be naked in public. I've heard it's a lot longer way down to the water because the lake has been so low. A lot of people take boats and dock out there. Originally Posted by unagi
The lake is pretty much as full as it ever gets now. 677' and 681 is full..

I wouldn't go with the expectation of finding 20 something good looking females. From what I've been told most visitors are old people that should keep their clothes on. Originally Posted by Tan Khan
LOL pretty true except for the gays that like to hang out and show off. Hasn't been the same in a long time. And... the water is still cold.. so mid day, with full sun would probably be fine, but prepare to be cold otherwise.
the deal is, past the second bathroom and it turns gay. stop at second bathroom for couples and the swinger zone. the lake is full now. And might I say>>screw folks judging others for going naked there. as one of the old fat ones who you think needs to not be naked...haha my complete self acceptance and joy of being naked outside trounces your desire to be free of all sorts of ages and body types at a nude beach. if u want yoong skinny girls there, bring some
[QUOTE=sue_nami;1057819231if u want yoong skinny girls there, bring some[/QUOTE]
Wish I could lol
The people at HH are typical of the general population. Some in very good shape, some not so good. Some young (minimum of 18) and some old. Some very good looking, others average, some below average. People who go to HH are not primarily looking to get laid. Enjoy looking at others? Certainly.

Butts, Boobs, and Boats returns to HH this July 15-17 after 2-3 years moving to Dallas due to the lake levels here. That is one of the more fun events in Austin. Maybe 100 boats in the water tied up at HH, several party barges, several hundred naked people. And if you're looking for HOT women, this is the event to attend. Come by water or come by land.

www.bbbevent.com
The people at HH are typical of the general population. Some in very good shape, some not so good. Some young (minimum of 18) and some old. Some very good looking, others average, some below average. People who go to HH are not primarily looking to get laid. Enjoy looking at others? Certainly.

Butts, Boobs, and Boats returns to HH this July 15-17 after 2-3 years moving to Dallas due to the lake levels here. That is one of the more fun events in Austin. Maybe 100 boats in the water tied up at HH, several party barges, several hundred naked people. And if you're looking for HOT women, this is the event to attend. Come by water or come by land.

www.bbbevent.com Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Well said. And Butts, Boobs, and Boats is an absolute freaking blast!! I go to HH by boat a few times a year. Never actually been on land. It is what it is. Not necessarily a place to go to pick up anyone. Except during BBB. I've had LOTS of fun during that!
What about Barton springs, I have seen a few super hot young topples ones there just hanging out, cold water, nice vuew.

IB