Questioned by the police

I travel with ladies on trips and out to dinners frequently and have wondered what to do when asked by the police what her name is. My ATFs and I know each other by our R/L names but some times with ladies that are new I don't. The police tend to separate people before asking questions and if I didn't know her name it could get sticky.
Any one have any suggestions? If I see a red light in the mirror do I give her my R/L name and hope she gives me hers?
Nah, just say you picked her up at the bar and plan to delight yourself all evening devouring her taint.
I travel with ladies on trips and out to dinners frequently and have wondered what to do when asked by the police what her name is. My ATFs and I know each other by our R/L names but some times with ladies that are new I don't. The police tend to separate people before asking questions and if I didn't know her name it could get sticky.
Any one have any suggestions? If I see a red light in the mirror do I give her my R/L name and hope she gives me hers? Originally Posted by tucson

You don't have to say anything.
Any lie/misinformation you tell them can quickly get out of control.
If you have no drugs or other contraband, stand on your rights (and even if you are holding). All you have to do is identify yourself.
That is not the problem, drugs are the last thing on my mind. I must watch to many cop shows where they believe there is prostitution going on. I have nothing to hide if my truck was searched I just don't want some lady to get picked up because I wasn't prepared. This came to mind in the "what if you meet an acquaintance while with a provider" thread.
Bottom Line, with a new provider, I'd go with the previous answer. "Gee officer, I'm not REALLY sure what her name actually is. She TOLD me her name was Angel when I met her at the bar. But since all I was trying to do was get her to a motel for some fun, I wasn't really interesting in making sure I got her correct name."

Now, as a counterpoint, the overnight that I scheduled with my ATF, I made sure we both had the names we wanted to use in case of a police stop ,etc and had that clear before we left the hotel for dinner.
Now, as a counterpoint, the overnight that I scheduled with my ATF, I made sure we both had the names we wanted to use in case of a police stop ,etc and had that clear before we left the hotel for dinner. Originally Posted by RedLeg505
what if they want to check ID's?
The question is why would they assume prostitution was in effect. So what if I don't know my girl friends name, she is a third of my age, has an eastern European accent, and I'm wearing her panties on my head?

All that aside, if you're worried, better agree on a story up front.
If you don't want her to know your name, say nothing to the cops.
And even if she spills her guts, there is no evidence. As long as you said nothing.

Is your night ruined? Maybe.

Is your life ruined?

Nope.
You don't have to say anything. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
Not accurate. You do have to identify yourself ..by your real name name, date of birth,

..... and if driving produce a valid driver's license that matches the name you just gave.

Failure to ID is an offense, which includes failing to accurately ID ... and of course driving without a valid license .... along with false identification to a police officer ....

.. all can get you a ride "downtown" ... the vehicle towed (and searched) ... same for sweetie.
Bottom Line, with a new provider, I'd go with the previous answer. "Gee officer, I'm not REALLY sure what her name actually is. She TOLD me her name was Angel when I met her at the bar. But since all I was trying to do was get her to a motel for some fun, I wasn't really interesting in making sure I got her correct name."

Now, as a counterpoint, the overnight that I scheduled with my ATF, I made sure we both had the names we wanted to use in case of a police stop ,etc and had that clear before we left the hotel for dinner. Originally Posted by RedLeg505
The force is with you, except make sure you have real names for the gendarmes..

JMO

Huck
If they have no evidence of transaction then it doesnt matter as long as you give the cops correct info for yourself and your vehicle. So what if you get her name wrong, the real problem arises when you begin to answer all the other questions they ask. Once you identify yourself, everything that comes out of that officers mouth is simply him(or her) trying to force you out of your right to not speak to him(or her). ALWAYS REMEMBER, they are trained to talk you out of your rights, many of them are very good at it. Some use intimidation to cause a slip of the tongue and others use clever wording. The best will look at you and know immediately which tactic to proceed with from the very beginning while getting your i.d. and info. Dont lie about who you are and and never forget your right to silence. I even had a lawyer friend tell me that cracking my window and slipping my drivers license through it would suffice. That may piss off a cop, which brings me to one very important last piece of advice. His words "Nothing pisses off a cop more than a citizen who knows the limits of the law, never have any incriminating items on you"

BTW, urhuckleberry, LOVE the nipple pic
After reading all of the responses I will just quickly ask her real name when I see the red light in the mirror. The only time I have been stopped the lady and I knew the cop. We had worked with him all one morning directing traffic. We had laughed with him because she drove his police car around a corner and her drivers license was suspended.
The question came up because I have watched to many cop shows where they had stings set up with street walkers.
If they have no evidence of transaction then it doesnt matter as long as you give the cops correct info for yourself and your vehicle. So what if you get her name wrong, the real problem arises when you begin to answer all the other questions they ask. Once you identify yourself, everything that comes out of that officers mouth is simply him(or her) trying to force you out of your right to not speak to him(or her). ALWAYS REMEMBER, they are trained to talk you out of your rights, many of them are very good at it. Some use intimidation to cause a slip of the tongue and others use clever wording. The best will look at you and know immediately which tactic to proceed with from the very beginning while getting your i.d. and info. Dont lie about who you are and and never forget your right to silence. I even had a lawyer friend tell me that cracking my window and slipping my drivers license through it would suffice. That may piss off a cop, which brings me to one very important last piece of advice. His words "Nothing pisses off a cop more than a citizen who knows the limits of the law, never have any incriminating items on you"

BTW, urhuckleberry, LOVE the nipple pic Originally Posted by -BigRed
My motto is keep it under the speed limit and between the lines whenever I'm even contemplating something that might be considered illegal. It is best if you can manage it to never piss a cop off, kill them with kindness and say as absolutely little as possible without refusing to talk to them. They will usually get bored and leave you alone with or without a ticket.

Yes, "contempt of cop", while not an illegal offense is just like sexual harassment. It is all in the eyes of the beholder/offended party, but it can get you arrested or even killed whether you have done anything wrong or not. At a minimum that will fuck up your evening and cost you a lot of money.

While not illegal to lie to a cop (and they can and do lie to you as much as they like to get you to forfeit your right to silence and to not incriminate yourself) it is not a good idea. It IS illegal to lie to a federal officer however, but they usually don't pull anyone over (almost never).

Most of all, the best advice is written in large friendly letters on the cover, "Don't Panic"
OR...stick to the ladies with whom you actually know their name.....hahahahaha
Alaine how are you I have missed you it's time for some time.
what if they want to check ID's? Originally Posted by JCM800
In my case the first name given was a shortened version of my name on my driver's license. Didn't give her full first and last or address or anything else. And I'm guessing the first name she gave me, appears somewhere in some form on her ID if needed.

As noted elsewhere, IF a cop stops you, you are required to identify yourself and providing FAKE identification just makes things worse.

So, for a first time appointment with a new provider, first names aren't that critical just yet so you can go with the "I met her at the bar and she *said* her name was Angel. Why should I doubt her?" A provider I've spent more time with and doing an overnight, I trust a bit more and wouldn't feel bad giving her my first name.