Is Anyone Following The Menendez Trial?

If you watche ABC,CBS, or NBC, I doubt wow would even know that a prominent United States Senator from New Jersey is on trial for taking bribes.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/05/politi...iew/index.html

Allan Dershowitz was on Fox just now, and says the case is weak, because while he might get convicted by a Jury, the case will be overturned on appeal.

Dershowitz puts it like this. Jurys tend to look at facts in basic terms, he has a rich friend, he does favors, as a Senator, for this friend.

You're not supposed to do that.

Appeals Courts, which are part of the established hierarchy in Government, will say that it's not that cut and dried. This is how Government works.

In short, "the Swamp" will protect its own.

Of course, the real issue is if Menendez is convicted, should he resign. That means a Republican Governor will name his replacement. Or should he wait untill the entire appeals process is completed before making that decision. Then perhaps a Democrat Governor could make the appointment.

I suppose the other question would be, "how many Senators and Representatives engage in the exact same practice".

Why do you think someone spends millions of dollars to get elected to a job that pays $174,000 a year"?
The Judge told his lawyer to shut up.
Melgen might have a handle here on ECCIE.

In October 2008, Melgen asked for Menendez’s assistance in securing tourist visas for his Dominican model girlfriend, 22, and her sister, 18, according to the indictment. Menendez’s office sent a letter of support from the senator on behalf of the sisters to Melgen’s personal assistant and son-in-law.

At one point, Melgen’s girlfriend requested a copy of that letter from the doctor by email:
Hello my love,

I write to remind you that you need to send me a copy of what Senator Bob Menendez’s office sent you, which I need for the embassy.

And also remember the bank thing please.

Thank you. A kiss.

The indictment alleged Menendez also influenced visa proceedings for a Brazilian woman and a Ukrainian woman tied to Melgen.

The Brazilian national, described in the indictment as an actress, model and lawyer, had applied to graduate school at the University of Miami at Melgen’s urging.

In July 2008, a Menendez staffer emailed a secretary in the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs stating that the senator encouraged “careful consideration” of the visa application, according to the indictment. The Brazilian girlfriend’s visa was approved the same day she was interviewed and the secretary informed Menendez’s staffer that the woman had been a “perfect student visa case — no problems.”

Menendez’s staff also drafted a letter in February 2007 on behalf of a Ukrainian model living in Spain. That letter stated that the woman planned “to undergo medical evaluation for plastic surgery as well as to visit with [Melgen] in the U.S.,” according to the indictment.

Here’s the letter detailed in the indictment:

(Too Many Girlfriends)
there's this thing called 'honest services" that they'll use to get out of.
Why don't they tell the rest of the story when describing all of her, (girl friend 3's) qualities.

"She can also suck a Senators dick untill his eyeballs implode".
No.

I've been pre-occupied with Texans and Louisianians in distress and the plight of those in the Caribbean and Florida ... now Southern Mexico.

You know? Important shit!
What trial? It's over. They got life without parole.

Melgen might have a handle here on ECCIE. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Hmmm... after reading all that, what's the fuss about? I'm ok with helping beautiful young foreign models and TV anchorwomen obtain visas to visit the U.S. for breast enhancements and a quick tour of Sen. Menendez' office so they can show their appreciation (and maybe their boob jobs) while discussing foreign policy matters. The good Senator is just doing his job!
I'm too busy reading bumped threads...or threads about bumping threads.

I'm too busy reading bumped threads...or threads about bumping threads.

Originally Posted by gnadfly
LOL
What trial? It's over. They got life without parole.

Originally Posted by lustylad
what did they do?
what did they do? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Dilbert, Dilbert, Dilbert. smh. They killed their parents for their money. They are the Menendez brothers.
Snickle