Burner v app?

What is the best mobile/app to have to keep hobby communications clandestine and eliminate the need for a burner phone?

Art
Signal.
Maybe a app on a buner.
The problem with apps is that the other person needs to use the same app. Which is too complicated for some, for others just a PITA to use a separate app just for you.

My best solution has been Google Voice. Works just like SMS with everyone's phone. Delete conversations, Make calls like a burner, free. Yea, it's google, but not really my threat model for doing this. I need to keep things off the phone bill.

Plus, I don't need providers googling my real phone number and seeing my address etc... Like any woman, crazy can happen.

You can delete conversations and Google says it's 'forever', but it's google. So, I delete conversations after the encounter just in case someone gets into my GV number, there won't be anything there.

Court orders, warrants to google to pull stuff that was deleted, don't know and haven't really seen where it's been tested. If I'm under Official or LE scrutiny, I probably have bigger issues.
you can get a Burner phone App it lets you buy different numbers to text from and you can delete the information when you are done and get a new number. the only problem is it is a different number each time you delete it so whoever you text or call you will have to explain who you are.