What does the Star tattoo represent?

I have noticed not one or two but maybe 6 or 7 different providers with this or a similar star tattoo above their breast. I was curious because I am beginning to see more and more now, can anyone clue me in on the fascination of this tattoo and what it represents. I have no tattoos so yes I am very green when it comes to meanings behind certain tats.
Coincidence maybe, or could be like the crown tats, a pimp brand?
just like the tramp stamp, I am sure its a young girl thing...
Aiming points for a pearl necklace
just like the tramp stamp, I am sure its a young girl thing... Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY
I have seen a few 30+ ladies with this tat.

Not sure if its a trend or something else.
Coincidence maybe, or could be like the crown tats, a pimp brand? Originally Posted by piece of mind
I was thinking the same but I am starting to see this in more and more on eccie providers.
I have seen a few 30+ ladies with this tat.

Not sure if its a trend or something else. Originally Posted by Austins1hobby
I am mid 40's so anyone under 40 is 'young'
I don't know that there's much special about that first picture that you posted.

But usually when you see this type of symbol...
Originally Posted by Austins1hobby
... it's a Nautical Star. Reportedly, it was traditionally worn by those in the Navy or Marine Corps, or sailors that made their living on or near the sea. A red and green star on the port and starboard sides of the chest, respectively, had a special significance.

There are only a couple of gang associations that I could find. The Russian mafia might put a star on each shoulder of a "made-man", and there are some gangs in northern california that use a variation of the star as a symbol (the Nor-Cal Star; I think it was supposed to be the mirror image of the Nautical Star, i.e. black on the opposite side of the arms, but it almost seems like they're interchangeable now; in the picture above, the girl would be wearing a Nautical Star on her left, and a Nor-cal Star on her right).

Personally, I'd think that it started out having and probably still has some special meaning to some people (guidance, finding their way home, etc.), and then others saw it just as a neat symbol that looks cool and it evolved into a bit of a trend. I'd be surprised if it indicated any sort of gang or other kind of organizational involvement around here.

Here's some more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nautical_star
http://www.tattoo.com/blog/nautical-...t-does-it-mean
in My generation yea tattoos are more about what's fashionable, but i don't think it's an active intention more like a current popular like
like the feather that turns into birds flying away symbolizing freedom. dream catchers are also really popular this idk season. (i'm gonna get one behind my ear but I've always loved them and enjoy the annual Austin pow wow :P )
oh and the corset back tattoo and pricing which quite frankly looks painful and likely to get pulled alot on clothing and stuff.
oh and dermal piercings really popular (yes please)
bow tats also really popular and and the ever growing treble clef heart for music lovers
angel wings
its a pimp branding tattoo.. lots of girls from the Dallas and Houston area have them
Ah'm purty shore it means thems is devil-wurshippers.
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=983660

why don't you just ask her? all of the other photos in this thread are no where to be found in this foroum for the last 30 days, so I don't know what your talking about, "all the recent star chest tatoo providers" lately.
There is only this ad from Sasha that resembles what your asking about, just because it is high profile ad why do you make assumptions?
It may mean someone went to a tattoo parlor. Maybe what do I know
Worn by the men in the Russian prison system it means, "I bow to no man."
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=983660

why don't you just ask her? all of the other photos in this thread are no where to be found in this foroum for the last 30 days, so I don't know what your talking about, "all the recent star chest tatoo providers" lately.
There is only this ad from Sasha that resembles what your asking about, just because it is high profile ad why do you make assumptions? Originally Posted by ad1179
There are at least 3 other providers that have these stars on their chest and some have since changed the profile pictures but still it is a question not an assumption. I asked what does it represent?