Suggestion for a new word that is banned from ECCIE

I am getting PM's from a gentleman. He is claiming that he is not offended but is leaving the board in part because I called him... a cupcake. I would ask the moderators to ban this term and submit myself to whatever discipline the moderators deem necessary.
Once a cupcake always a cupcake. Man are some people thin skinned, should take lessons from Obama
I am getting PM's from a gentleman. He is claiming that he is not offended but is leaving the board in part because I called him... a cupcake. I would ask the moderators to ban this term and submit myself to whatever discipline the moderators deem necessary. Originally Posted by oldguy57II
You guys. (shakes head)

The correct term is "size-challenged confectionary."
You guys. (shakes head)

The correct term is "size-challenged confectionary." Originally Posted by hgritstoo
"Challenged" is now also considered negative by the modern SJW. It would have to be something like "differently sized confectionary". Hard to keep up with the latest in political correctness.
"Challenged" is now also considered negative by the modern SJW. It would have to be something like "differently sized confectionary". Hard to keep up with the latest in political correctness. Originally Posted by penname
How about "unfortunately sized?"

Oh. Wait. thats me.
OMG! I can't believe you would call someone a miniature cake. Shame on you OG.
Gee you think we could use 'snowflake'?
Some dude is leaving the board because you called him a cupcake? That by itself is the definition of a cupcake. Fucking weird country we live in today.
Right...see ya... cupcake!!!!
I'm not sure where OLDGUY57II is getting his information, but I am presuming that I am the "cupcake" that he is referring to...and no, I'm not going anywhere. I just pointed out to him that bullying behavior will discourage guys from posting more, which has been pointed out by multiple people on multiple th Nothing new. He somehow thinks that calling me a cupcake is causing me to go away. Not your lucky day, but I can understand the wishful thinking.

No need to ban the word cupcake. But if guys like him think that bullying guys makes a better board, I'd call that an "alternate fact." More guys means more reviews which means more sessions for the gals which means...you get my meaning.
I'm not sure where OLDGUY57II is getting his information, but I am presuming that I am the "cupcake" that he is referring to...and no, I'm not going anywhere. I just pointed out to him that bullying behavior will discourage guys from posting more, which has been pointed out by multiple people on multiple th Nothing new. He somehow thinks that calling me a cupcake is causing me to go away. Not your lucky day, but I can understand the wishful thinking.

No need to ban the word cupcake. But if guys like him think that bullying guys makes a better board, I'd call that an "alternate fact." More guys means more reviews which means more sessions for the gals which means...you get my meaning. Originally Posted by Will He

Actually, I agree with your last statement. One of the comments made regarding this topic is that we don't like new posters with an attitude....or something like that. The problem with this is that....in a written media....it is frequently difficult to tell if a new guy is being a jerk or just has a different way of expressing themselves.

We have had some real jerks posting here in the past who were allowed free reign. So, many of us here tend to respond with a bias towards squashing the jerk. You are correct in that it looks like we hate newbies....but that is not the case. You need to understand the history.

I would encourage you to continue posting and reviewing. If challenged, politely but firmly stand your ground. Where possible, avoid conflict, even when offered.

Welcome to the wild west, where we prefer cupcakes for breakfast! Good luck!
ROFL - You think this is bullying?
Actually, I agree with your last statement. One of the comments made regarding this topic is that we don't like new posters with an attitude....or something like that. The problem with this is that....in a written media....it is frequently difficult to tell if a new guy is being a jerk or just has a different way of expressing themselves.

We have had some real jerks posting here in the past who were allowed free reign. So, many of us here tend to respond with a bias towards squashing the jerk. You are correct in that it looks like we hate newbies....but that is not the case. You need to understand the history.

I would encourage you to continue posting and reviewing. If challenged, politely but firmly stand your ground. Where possible, avoid conflict, even when offered.

Welcome to the wild west, where we prefer cupcakes for breakfast! Good luck! Originally Posted by hgritstoo
Mr Grits,
I have a long history here, so these guys aren't going to scare me away, which was my point to the Old Guy. My beef wasn't even with him; I called a couple of other guys on some behavior in a review, and Old Guy goes tearing after me. Not sure why. I don't plan on going away. My point from the beginning was to get a couple of the board curmudgeons to let up on new guys a little bit, so that they would be more likely to continue. It appears to have worked. I see one of them has become a model citizen and has started complimenting reviewers. But Old Guy seems to be bent on stalking me after an unsolicited attack on me. I figure he just isn't getting enough!
I do not believe that we are allowed to bring information out of PM's into chat. But, I believe that what Mr. He is saying is a mischaracterisation of our conversation or at least open to other interpretations.
Mr Grits,
I have a long history here, so these guys aren't going to scare me away, which was my point to the Old Guy. My beef wasn't even with him; I called a couple of other guys on some behavior in a review, and Old Guy goes tearing after me. Not sure why. I don't plan on going away. My point from the beginning was to get a couple of the board curmudgeons to let up on new guys a little bit, so that they would be more likely to continue. It appears to have worked. I see one of them has become a model citizen and has started complimenting reviewers. But Old Guy seems to be bent on stalking me after an unsolicited attack on me. I figure he just isn't getting enough! Originally Posted by Will He

I only compliment things that deserve complimenting. If a MAN gets so hurt by a WORD then by definition he is pussy. If anyone comes in here and has attitude right away before he shows he is a contributing member then he gets attitude right back. I am very friendly to those who respond in kind. To the rest I say adios. Model citizen. Gimme a break.