Garden Time

I have red and white radishes, turnips, mustard greens, onions, carrots and romaine lettuse planted. How about your garden?
I have been plowing a secret garden that provides luscious fruit.
I have been plowing a secret garden that provides luscious fruit. Originally Posted by Rockydoc
I hope you're properly utilizing your cucumber.
I keep trying to cross my cucumber with a peach and two melons...
I have strawberries! My first year to try them, are they hard to grow and keep?
I have strawberries! My first year to try them, are they hard to grow and keep? Originally Posted by BabyDallass
Lots and lots of watering during the day, and no less than 6 hours of direct sun...and plant in very soft soil, lots of peat and lots of sand mixed with manure and composted mulch...
Thank you!! I needed that info! what about bugs? Do I need any special chemicals to keep them from eating them? I don't want to use a lot of chemicals, but how do u keep animals and bugs from munching on them?
I have some seeds started for those new beef steak tomatoes that are as big as small pumpkins.
Thank you!! I needed that info! what about bugs? Do I need any special chemicals to keep them from eating them? I don't want to use a lot of chemicals, but how do u keep animals and bugs from munching on them? Originally Posted by BabyDallass
Have never had bugs on mine, grown in containers around the pool and patio, but I do keep nets over them to keep the birds and rabbits out of them. I also have several types of plants around that repel insects.

Once the plants begin producing, I gently place dry straw on the ground under them to keep the fruit dry and off the soil.
Have never had bugs on mine, grown in containers around the pool and patio, but I do keep nets over them to keep the birds and rabbits out of them. I also have several types of plants around that repel insects.

Once the plants begin producing, I gently place dry straw on the ground under them to keep the fruit dry and off the soil. Originally Posted by giteneny
Thank you for the tips! Will be putting them to use.
Tore out all the shrubs around pool last year and planted first garden. Grew tomatoes , squash, corn , peppers, okra,lettuce, zucchini, and watermelon. Must say one of the most therapeutic activities I ever had the joy to experience. Already gettin started this year. Rock On !