Using Uber Car Service?

I was in San Francisco in December and used a car service called Uber. It uses a phone App to bring a driver to you quickly and is cheaper and frankly nicer and cleaner than a taxi. I have used it a little here in DFW, and I am thinking about using it to go to incall appointments and spas.

I know years ago some religious nuts would post your license plate picture if they saw you at certain SOBS. The Uber could cut down on that.

Also, providers could use it for outcalls and not have to worry about the client knowing her car.

I know there will be some who blast this idea, but it might work for some. Just a thought.
I was in San Francisco in December and used a car service called Uber. It uses a phone App to bring a driver to you quickly and is cheaper and frankly nicer and cleaner than a taxi. I have used it a little here in DFW, and I am thinking about using it to go to incall appointments and spas.

I know years ago some religious nuts would post your license plate picture if they saw you at certain SOBS. The Uber could cut down on that.

Also, providers could use it for outcalls and not have to worry about the client knowing her car.

I know there will be some who blast this idea, but it might work for some. Just a thought. Originally Posted by rekcaSxT
I've used UBER when out drinking and didn't want to risk DUI. They were pretty great!
Yeah. Uber is great.

I was mainly wondering if people were using it to hobby.
I have been traveling of late and use überx and it's very convenient however I would not use it to hobby as since it bills my Amex directly that means they keep records and I don't want anyone knowing where I have been
I figured that would be the main objection. Like toll tags and red light cameras.

Hard to explain to a SO.
Harder to explain in divorce court
I guess if you already use it for business meetings etc... or you are in a different city.
I use it for business as less receipts to print out as my admin simply takes it and sends it in for reimbursement from my card. I could use my personal card I presume on a new account on uber but they are very detailed and so it scared me that they know where and when and how long it took to drop me off. They are efficient and too much detail is bad in this lifestyle
That's true.
i like uber as well and use if going out partying, however as mentioned above it does leave a paper trail that could be difficult to explain away.
i like uber as well and use if going out partying, however as mentioned above it does leave a paper trail that could be difficult to explain away. Originally Posted by fletch
^^^What he said
  • ~Ze~
  • 01-24-2014, 10:42 PM
+1 on amazing use of Uber.

Cabs for other reasons and cash should be your way to avoid paper trail.
I have a good friend, who isn't on this site, who swears by this service. She uses it a lot in Dallas.

Until reading this, I had only heard about it from her.

Now, I'll have to do some more reading about it.

I'm planning some travel in the Spring. I cannot tell you how awful it is to get stuck on a side street in Chicago (or anywhere), stuck, and not know who to call.

I can see it being very advantageous!!!

Thanks for the topic.

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
I have buddies coming in town this weekend to party and watch the Super Bowl, Uber will be getting used a lot this weekend.
I use Uber all the time...it rocks. F cabs.