I've always wondered...

How do you pronounce the name of this website? Is it "Ecky"? Maybe "Essy"? Anybody know?
Since "Client" and "Community" both use the hard K sound. I always say "EKKIE".

Although Essie rolls off the tongue better.
Thinck, Becky w/o the B.

That's how I usually pronounce it, but never knew if it was right.
I have heard it said as;
1. Icky
2. E-Cee
3. Es-see
4. Ek-eee
And all this time I thought it was " Hooker Board "......................... .lol

I'm kidding I'm kidding!!

I pronounce it with the initials. E.C.C.I.E........I think everyone pronounces it different just like my name.
If you read the guidelines, after them there is a post by T.O.B. that states:

We're glad you found us. Yes, another alternative here and we truly hope our idea catches on. This is a public board, and for the time being, completely free to join.

ECCIE, pronounced 'ECK-ee', wishes to give you, the hobbyist and provider community, a freely accessible, easy-to-use platform to exchange information and share your thoughts and ideas.
Icky is the proper pronunciation.
  • Skout
  • 01-26-2014, 05:26 PM
If you read the guidelines, after them there is a post by T.O.B. that states: ... ECCIE, pronounced 'ECK-ee' ... Originally Posted by lips in the hills
I had never seen that. Thanks for sharing!

As for me, I assumed CC represented the consonant sound K as in the word accomplishment.
If you read the guidelines, after them there is a post by T.O.B. that states:

We're glad you found us. Yes, another alternative here and we truly hope our idea catches on. This is a public board, and for the time being, completely free to join.

ECCIE, pronounced 'ECK-ee', wishes to give you, the hobbyist and provider community, a freely accessible, easy-to-use platform to exchange information and share your thoughts and ideas. Originally Posted by lips in the hills
Ha ha ha... that is the American pronunciation. The correct way to pronounce 'cc' when preceded and followed by vowels is 'ch', like 'cappuccino'.

For those of you who will argue that that is the Italian pronunciation, I'll argue back that there is no 'cc' pronunciation in the english language. So there.
p
Ha ha ha... that is the American pronunciation. The correct way to pronounce 'cc' when preceded and followed by vowels is 'ch', like 'cappuccino'.

For those of you who will argue that that is the Italian pronunciation, I'll argue back that there is no 'cc' pronunciation in the english language. So there. Originally Posted by Lust4xxxLife
E.C.C.I.E. isn't a word, it's an acronym. Which means that standard pronunciation rules don't apply.

Personally I prefer "Essie", but all of the providers I have chatted with used the hard K, so that's what I adopted. (Again, "Klient Kommunity")

Although, I think, most of us would know what you were referring to if you used any of the several options in conversation.
It's spelled "ECCIE", but it's pronounced "Throat Warbler Mangrove"
  • Skout
  • 01-26-2014, 09:47 PM

For those of you who will argue that that is the Italian pronunciation, I'll argue back that there is no 'cc' pronunciation in the english language. So there. Originally Posted by Lust4xxxLife
Accomplishment, accommodate, occasion, raccoon ...
Thinck, Becky w/o the B.

Originally Posted by SofaKingFun
+1
The ick