BASTROP FIRE

I worked 14 hours of several planned days in the Bastrop fire area. After seeing the just total devastation in person I am giving the part of my overtime pay over regular rate to the Red Cross fire fund. I would encourage all of you who can to donate. You see the pictures on TV but until you see in person and talk to some of the people you just can't get the full picture.
I spoke to one lady today, all that was left of her house was mybe 2-3 feet of brick work on two sides. She ahd lost all but had found a box of family Christmas ornaments that had escaped damage! Go figure?
Thanks in advance for anything you can do.
I just felt I needed to do anything I could to try and help these folks.
I had to evacuate my family but we were one of the fortunate ones to have no damage.

Several family friends weren't as blessed.

For sure donating. Thank you for reminding me of the goodness in this world. Even among disaster.
Just drove down 71 on the way to Houston and it's hard to believe the devestation. There is a concert on 10/17 at the Erwin center to benefit the fire victims. Silent auction too. Hopefully a great deal of money will be raised that night.
I am heading to a clean up party this Saturday. We are all going to what is left of a friends house to shovel the remains into a dumpster. They said the bbq pit was in good shape and they had lots of beer. I'm in!