Let's Keep This "on the down low"

Was I always this grouchy, or did it come with age? I'm sooooo tired of folks using the term "on the down low" to mean a secret or UTR or the like. It's primarily an AA term for straight appearing men who enjoy sex with men. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down-lo...exual_slang%29

It's not a new term ... been around and used on shows like Law and Order for past decade. Now... definitions and such can change with usage. William Safire, the conservative columnist ... once said, regarding language, "when enough of us are wrong, we're right".

Perhaps that's what is happening to the phrase "on the down low" ... but when I read someone using the term to mean ... let's keep this between us ... I'm not thinking a secret.
But that's the center of where the term came from, Mr. Dodger.

That meaning of "down low" came first. Remember R. Kelly's song? The point is it's usually attributed to something that you don't talk about, under NO circumstances. Like having gay love affairs while you're married to a woman.

That meaning of "down low" came first. Remember R. Kelly's song? The point is it's usually attributed to something that you don't talk about, under NO circumstances. Like having gay love affairs while you're married to a woman.

Originally Posted by Tiffani Jameson
In R. Kelly's case, it's doing young girls
In R. Kelly's case, it's doing young girls Originally Posted by CoHorn

Don't forget pee'ing on them as well.
ahhhhhh....Wikkipedia.....the ultimate source of info

BTW....coHorn (you sexy thang you)....it was ACTUALLY "urinating" on young girls. You can look it up on Wikkipedia......

The Original Jenna of Dallas
Spikebaby
Is this your way of coming out dodger?
....it was ACTUALLY "urinating" on young girls.
The Original Jenna of Dallas
Spikebaby Originally Posted by Spikebaby
You say that like it's a bad thing...
Is this your way of coming out dodger? Originally Posted by monkmonk
If you mean "coming out as a grouchy old man intolerant of others" ... fuck, yeah! But other than that ... don't get your hopes up, MonkX2
God knows you gotta love researching the internut....

I'm gonna ride with the pretty chocolate girl on this one and card anybody I think I might wanna pee on.
Well Played phildo....well played!

Spikebaby