Best Places to eat when attending a Mavs Game??

Checking out the Mavericks v Wizards tomorrow.

I don't usually care for the catered food or the ballgame food at the AAC, Sorry Mark!!

Looking for suggestions of some good places to eat near the AAC.. Anything from upscale to local hideaways.

Thanks in advance!
Can't go wrong with S&D Oyster Company on McKinney. IMO best fried shrimp and raw oysters in Dallas..3 minutes from AAC.
If ur a sushi fan, check out Kenichi. Within walking distance of AA and the best sushi you'll ever eat! I think it's on Victory Park Ln.
Can't go wrong with S&D Oyster Company on McKinney. IMO best fried shrimp and raw oysters in Dallas..3 minutes from AAC. Originally Posted by aubie79
That's where I often eat if I'm eating on the rare occasions when I eat before the game. Also Coal Vines Pizza is nearby. Meso Maya for decent Mexican. Lark on the Park is a bit more upscale and across from the Clyde Warren Park. Really pretty good. CrushCraft Thai Street Food is an inexpensive option in the Quadrangle. Decent quality and has nice outdoor seating if the weather cooperates (won't for the Wizards, but good to know for future reference).

Ocean Prime is a chain, but it's OK as chains go. I'm not a steak eater, but Capital Grill at the Cressent and Nick & Sam's are both nearby.

I'm not fond of it, but many are -- Truluck's -- is right around the corner from the Crescent

All of these are within a mile or so. If you have a more specific request, let me know. It's my part of town. If you go out another mile or so, you can find almost anything except good Indian.
  • SAL78
  • 12-30-2014, 01:18 AM
I can't stand the Mavs or basketball in general but I do go to plenty of Stars games at the AAC. If i'm looking to eat before the game I usually park in the West End and i'll hit up one of the restaurants there and then walk or catch one of the curtsey shuttles/buses to the AAC. There's plenty to choose from too, Hoffbrau, Gators, Hooters, Dick's last Resort, and more. All on the way to the AAC from the West end.
Halftime,Hooters or Hard Rock Cafe!!!
best place to eat is at Jade Spa, go over to Industrial/Market Center, near the Anatole Hotel, it's just a few blocks from the AAC, and...

oh wait.. you were talking about eating food?

never mind
Nobu
There are so many good places to eat down that way. Better to just tell you where NOT to go. Do not go to Victory Tavern. Their food is terrible. Whatever restaurant the W has in their lobby on any given year usually isn't very good either for some reason. Their bar has a decent menu though.

Kenichi is awesome for sushi even if you're not going to a game. Neo's pizza and Meso Maya are also great. Shooters is little place right next the south doors of the AAC and they have excellent bar food and tacos!
There are so many good places to eat down that way. Better to just tell you where NOT to go. Do not go to Victory Tavern. Their food is terrible. Whatever restaurant the W has in their lobby on any given year usually isn't very good either for some reason. Their bar has a decent menu though.

Kenichi is awesome for sushi even if you're not going to a game. Neo's pizza and Meso Maya are also great. Shooters is little place right next the south doors of the AAC and they have excellent bar food and tacos! Originally Posted by thathottnurse
2nd that on Shooters. Hooters is a cool place to hang out til GT. Get there early tho it gets crowded quick. If you do go I will give you a name of a red head and another chic IK you will like.
Why not eat there? They have a great sit down dinner before the game, usually afew carving tables and other stuff buffet style. They had it before all the Mavs games and concerts I've been to. Good food. Call AAC.
  • jafun
  • 12-30-2014, 02:39 PM
Y Hotel