editor found dead in sex act

Now this is the attitude that the L.E. should have everywhere..

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...ead-in-sex-act

Especially this line: “Technically we probably could have charged her with prostitution because there was an exchange of something, books and maybe tuition money for sex,” Sgt. Dave Thompson told Oregon Public Broadcasting. “But it’s a misdemeanor crime, and the circumstances of the guy dying in her apartment, we felt like it was probably not the most important arrest to make.”
I agree Nuglet. Seems like Oregon LE demonstrated some discretion in this case. I would like to think that this would be the norm with LE everywhere, but......

Nelson Rockefeller met his truth in the arms of his mistress, whom he no doubt lavished many gifts. No hint of any prostitution charges on that matter either.
Now this is the attitude that the L.E. should have everywhere..

“But it’s a misdemeanor crime, and the circumstances of the guy dying in her apartment, we felt like it was probably not the most important arrest to make.” Originally Posted by nuglet

You don't think the absence of a witness to the exchange "goods for services" was their motivation? Yes, the cops can "charge" you with anything, but likely this would have gone nowhere, due to a lack of witness..... (her self-confession as to the relationship details would likely have been inadmissable)

I take the statement as a typical PR one, and it certainly sounds so much better than "We wanted to arrest her for prostitution, but as we had no witness or evidence to prove our case, we had to let her go...."

Respectfully,

OldSarge
Sarge; I prefer to think they are just a bit more socially developed than Texas.. as per their attitude about other things: to wit:

Oregon's Medical Marijuana Law

Marijuana is legal to use, possess, cultivate, and deliver for patients who have a doctor's prescription and are registered under the auspices of the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program.
  • Patients or Caregivers may possess up to 24 ounces of usable marijuana.
  • Patients or Caregivers may possess up to 6 mature and18 immature plants at any time.
No doubt his last review could have been titled

Heart stopping Sex!

My take, he was lucky to be DOA, the s.o. might have gotten off with a female jury.
CK: how true how true!!!!
WoW !!!!!!!