Not Really Alert Worthy Just Curious

I'd like to get the ladies as well as the gents thoughts on this (not sure what to call it since nothing really happened) non-raid, non-bust.

My friend's ladies were targeted for lack of a better word. An appt was made. I don't think they screen that well. LE flashed his badge at the door and had a sit down w/ the ladies and that's about it. From what I understand, they wanted to make sure they weren't there against their will and took a condom on the way out. They checked one lady's ID, but the other was very belligerent and asked for a lawyer and they quickly left her alone. They did ask about the apt owner but didn't push it or even alert management.

What was the point to all of this?

They really don't even have to shut down the location as long as they change pics, numbers and location in the ads. It's not a location that can really be watched easily. If the popo would have gone on w/ the session, I feel like they would've been able to get a prostitution bust. Color me confused.
  • motor
  • 09-19-2019, 01:42 PM
Sounds like it is time to find another place.
Without any additional information, it sounds to me like the police were interested in trafficking. That's not the low-hanging fruit that streetwalkers are, but it's the flavor of the month in LE vice, and gets a lot of headlines. Lots of people, abetted by lazy media, are under the impression that all prostitutes are trafficked or pimped.
Sound like the Cops received a tip, maybe anonymously. Wouldn't surprise me if it be a "grudge" tip, to get back at your friends for a perceived slight
tsk tsk, sounds scary!
Without any additional information, it sounds to me like the police were interested in trafficking. That's not the low-hanging fruit that streetwalkers are, but it's the flavor of the month in LE vice, and gets a lot of headlines. Lots of people, abetted by lazy media, are under the impression that all prostitutes are trafficked or pimped. Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
SLHN is spot on. I sat through a two hour training session with the Ft Worth Police's Human Trafficking unit. They are separate from vice, and not at all interested in Prostitution.

Their unit also has agents from Homeland Security working directly with them.

I've said it before, but I think it's worth repeating.

If an adult, legally in this country, is selling their sexual services, it's prostitution, not trafficking - EVEN if they're under the control of a pimp, boyfriend, dealer etc.

ANYONE who is either underage, or not legally in this country, and is working at ANYTHING under forced conditions is TRAFFICKED. Whether they're picking fruit or sucking dick.