The Bain Capital Lie

Interesting. I don't really like Romney, but a lie is a lie. GS Technologies went bankrupt 2 years after Romney left the firm, yet Obama insists on blaming him for the closure, and calls Romney a "vampire".

Obama lies even when he doesn't have to.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...=rss_campaigns

steady on COG it is that time of the year.dick heads are trying to get elected.
People that are not in business have a hard time understanding that you can only lose money for so long before you gone. In many cases the value of the company has dropped so low because it loses money due to the management not being able to make the hard decisions. The claim that these people go in a fire a bunch of people belies the face that they are saving the jobs of the rest by saving the company. Th spin is he "took their jobs" when in fact they save the jobs of as many people that they can to keep the company running In some cases the best you can do is salvage as much as possible because the die is cast and there isnt much that can be done.
Bad and outdated contracts that kill a business sometimes can only be resolved through the bankruptcy process. It is easy to take the so called "headline"
and sensationalize minute part of the overall story because that is what sells copy.
Are you saying Romney trashed the company ,but it took 2 more years for it to close?
Once again you fail to understand business.
Not all businesses live into perpetuity.
The majority of start up businesses are doomed to fail in a very short amount of time.
One wrong decision can sink a company. the failure to follow the guidence of those that attempt to save it can kill it.
The culture of the employees or management can destroy a business.
When somebody decides to get out, there is a reason and it is generally to not go down with a ship that is doomed to sink.

Check on Warren Buffet and see how many he has had that have failed.
It's easy to identify those here who have never run a business.
Did he get a golden parachute like some of the CEO'S that lead a failing company?
What he said, companies (and countries) don't last forever. I think I will hop in my Studebaker and drive down to the Automat for lunch. I'm scheduled to fly out next week on TWA to visit East Germany. You see I'm a representative for Woolco department stores. I hope to be able to afford to relocate to California someday. I hear everything is great. Jobs for everyone, no crime, and great weather. Well, one out of three isn't too much to expect from Jerry Brown.
Beats the hell out of me. I would suppose it would depend on what his contract was.
Not everyone can afford a Bentley.