Favorite Golf Courses we peons can play

• WTF
  • 05-15-2012, 08:10 AM
I like Edgewood in Lake Tahoe.

Next is Pebble Beach if $$ was not a factor, Torrey Pines for the beauty and bargain. Harding Park in SFran is another good gourse for the price. Pebble Beach is just to pricey. $495, yikes!

Anybody been to Banden Dunes in Oregon?
at edgewood order the chicken panini at the break...
  • WTF
  • 05-15-2012, 09:58 AM
I tried to give the cart girl my panini
The favorites I have played:

Bethpage; just don't t-it up from the blacks ! Great course and only $34/round + cart.

Pinehurst #2: Legendary and affordable.

Cedar Crest: Dallas's hidden muny gem. Think the 1927 PGA Championship and Hagen and Vardon. $10.00 (senior rate) !!!!!!!

Black Butte Ranch Golf Course; 36 holes in the high mountains of Central Cascades of Oregon.
I tried to give the cart girl my panini Originally Posted by WTF
you know that you have always had to pay to be able to do that
I have played Pebble and Spyglass.
Way too much money but I would do it again.
Will be in San Diego in June but will not have time for golf.
Spent 4 days in Tahoe in late May one year and it snowed every day there and every day was told the course was closed that day.
Las Vegas - Paiute SnowMountain / Royal Links
Arizona - TPC Scottsdale
Colorado - Vail
To name a few.
As many times as I have been to Reno/Tahoe, I have never played there.
Fox Creek
Waller Country Club
Blue Bonnet
Brock Park
Sharpstown
Goslin Tar Pits
Goat Hill.

Golf Course with the cutest cart girls?

Houston Oaks
Woodforest.
i played Bluebonnet a couple of weeks ago. It is one of my favorite courses. Great layout and Cheapo.

I have played the Nicklaus course in Cabo and it is nice, cant remember the name.
Paiute is good too and if you play in the summer after 11 it is cheap.

Will Houston Oaks still take your money since they closed the other course. I thought they were trying to go private.
Is Woodforrest the old Fish Creek.

Another good one is the old Lochinvar CC.
Houston Oaks is now private and hardly anyone plays on it. I don't know how that will last. They kept the main 18 holes and modifield the other one by turning it into a pretty nice little 9 hole par 3. The section across the street has (formally the Links) has been closed and grown over for years.

Woodforest is the old Fish Creek. It has a great twilight rate, 3 loops of 9 holes. The course is always in perfect condition. Large and very fast greens. Cart girl serves hard liquer. As good or better than anything in The Woodlands. Best bang for you buck anywhere in the Houston area. The Lama gives it 5 stars.

Blake Tree National is another fun course but the greens are a little too fast and slopey. Almost impossible to play.
  • WTF
  • 05-15-2012, 01:49 PM
http://www.mgmgrand.com/amenities/golf.aspx

Speaking of Vegas courses...I played Shadow Creek when Wynn still had it. Like playing in a zoo, animials everywhere.
I have played Pebble and Spyglass.
Way too much money but I would do it again.
Will be in San Diego in June but will not have time for golf.
Spent 4 days in Tahoe in late May one year and it snowed every day there and every day was told the course was closed that day. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Make time brother 2dogs! Costs way less than Pebble. I liked the Spanish Course at Pebble Beach too, can't remember the name.

Fish Creek, I like that course, call me Lama and I will give you lessons out there next time you play with your gay lovers!
Many years ago I played the old Desert Inn course....ahead of us was Buddy Hacket and Cid Cesar. Waiting on the Tee Box with those guys was a hoot. Hackett was in full plus fours and a complete clown.....It was well worth the price of admission to watch those guys play a round. Only in Vegas baby.
  • WTF
  • 05-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Many years ago I played the old Desert Inn course....ahead of us was Buddy Hacket and Cid Cesar. Waiting on the Tee Box with those guys was a hoot. Hackett was in full plus fours and a complete clown.....It was well worth the price of admission to watch those guys play a round. Only in Vegas baby. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
I played that course! Would have loved to see Buddy Hackett. I bet he lived up to his last name.
You can still play it today behind the Wynn. I think is was 500-600 a round last time I looked.
Wynn doesnt own it anymore?
Vegas golf is expensive when it is cool enough to play. Ball does not fly very far when it is 106 and and no humidity.

Blaketree is long and the greens are fast.
Has anyone played that Pecan Lakes at Navasota? I think that is what it is called.
It is called the Links at Spanish Bay. There is another course near Pebble that is less than 100 and they say it is a damn good course. Dont know the name.