Workers’ Pay Rises at Fastest Rate in a Decade

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-emp...ers-1540989339

WASHINGTON—Compensation for U.S. workers grew at an accelerating rate in the third quarter, a sign a historically tight labor market is yielding better pay for employees.
Trump2020.

Let's see who is the first to complain about this outstanding,good news.
Trump2020.

Let's see who is the first to complain about this outstanding,good news. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
I’m sure YR can find a new meaning/definition of a word in that Nazi dictionary he carries.
Trump2020.

Let's see who is the first to complain about this outstanding,good news. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
That was the last "straw" of the whining, snotty nosed Liberals.
As Mamcy Peloci would say......."It's just crumbs".
As Mamcy Peloci would say......."It's just crumbs". Originally Posted by Jackie S
The "crumbs" referred to by Nancy Pelosi were in reference to the tax reform package and the increases given to those in the middle of the middle class and lower as opposed to the increases given to the upper middle class and upper class, not pay increases.

Yes the massive tax reductions given to corporations have worked their way down to the workers. Bravo!
As Mamcy Peloci would say......."It's just crumbs". Originally Posted by Jackie S
Yes, she's familiar with "crumbs" ...

• WTF
  • 10-31-2018, 04:35 PM
Damn , not sure why so many are opposed to minimum pay , it has the same effect as restricting the labor supply.

Of course that small nugget will be lost lost on some, evidently it has already lost some.
Damn , not sure why so many are opposed to minimum pay , it has the same effect as restricting the labor supply.

Of course that small nugget will be lost lost on some, evidently it has already lost some. Originally Posted by WTF

Unfortunately I see the price of goods going up considerably in the near future.

If the minimum wage is increase to, say, $15, that increase will be passed on to consumers.

Corporations have to meet revenue targets. If they raise worker's wages, they either see their profits go down or they raise prices of the goods they sell.

Tariffs will raise the prices of many goods significantly. I have already seen the impact on washing machines.

The new USMCA, although details of the agreement are not fully known, could raise prices of some goods, most likely automobiles built in Canada and Mexico.

Of course that small nugget will be lost lost on some, evidently it has already lost some. Originally Posted by WTF
No. Studies prove that raising labor costs without a corresponding increase in production increases unemployment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post

Of course that small nugget will be lost lost on some, evidently it has already lost some.

“Unfortunately I see the price of goods going up considerably in the near future.”

How the fuck do you know?
  • WTF
  • 10-31-2018, 06:06 PM
No. Studies prove that raising labor costs without a corresponding increase in production increases unemployment. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
That is not what I said but whatevere....I'll go with your inaccurate interpretation of my post.

You think we are now increasong productivity? Is that what you think is happening in the current labor market?
That is not what I said but whatevere....I'll go with your inaccurate interpretation of my post.

You think we are now increasong productivity? Is that what you think is happening in the current labor market? Originally Posted by WTF
Yes, we are:

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1L01AL

• WTF
  • 10-31-2018, 06:28 PM
Yes, we are:

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1L01AL

Originally Posted by bambino
Did you even read the article?
Did you even read the article? Originally Posted by WTF
Yeah, this is what I read:

“The annual rate of productivity growth from 2007 to 2017 was revised up 0.1 percentage point to a rate of 1.3 percent.”

“The pickup in productivity in the second quarter was flagged by a surge in economic growth during that period.“