fishing

Ok all you fishermen, spring is coming and i want to go crappie fishing. does anyone here know a good place close to Austin (1.5 hours or so) where a girl can go crappie fishing without a boat? I love crappie fishing but since my Dad died I haven't had a place or a boat to go fishing in. call me a simple Texas gal, but I love to eat and fish for crappie. I know there must be a pier on one of the highland lakes that has some crappie fishing? If it is your SECRET place, pm me privately and I won't share and one day soon you will see me and my girlfriends there fishing in short shorts and low cut tops because the fishing lord works in mysterious ways. If you're not inot crappie fishing, I would take a good tip on other sort of freshwater fishing opportunities around here.
I live by Lake Sommerville and Crappie and Catfish are abundant . It's right about at your 1.5 hr limit 15 min north of Brenham .
I was out at Brushy Creek Park at Parmer and 1431 a couple weeks ago. Caught two good size crappie and a small Largemouth in the 30 minutes I was there a small white jig. All from the bank.
Good intel thanks I'll try it out this weekend.
Sue,

A girl after my own heart! I finally see another girl that loves to fish! I would love to tag along. Just gotta get my poles out of storage. I like to set a line or two out ,hoping for catfish. And fish with a jig too! The only time I have much luck is in spring though. Nothing beats fishing! Something so peaceful about watching that line.