Valentine's Day and the true meaning

You know I did some research and it wasn't until the 1400's that Valentine's day was connected to "Love". Now this is just my opinion but Vday really isn't about showing love for your SO that should be done on everyday not just once a year. Here is the hobby Vday is always celebrated but on a different level. We each (ladies and gentlemen alike) give something special to each other be it by meeting in person, online interaction, PM's. These are all are special interactions and should be cherished and seen for what they are. People reaching out and being there as friends or lovers. We are all in different personal situations but here we are share one common thing..a love for this community and even those who debate online a certain level of respect. So if you have a chance send a message to someone or do it here on this thread and let someone know you cherish their friendship and the relationship you have with them be in cyber or personal....Have a great Vday and remember to cherish what you have everyday....
On Valentine's day,my friends and I go to the range.

We shoot at pictures of James Clark,Frank Gusenberg,
Peter Gusenberg,John May,Reinhart H.Schwimmer,
Frank Snyder,and Albert R.Weinshank

;>)
ok I am not ashamed to admit that went right over my head...lol..now I have to look these names up...
On Valentine's day,my friends and I go to the range.

We shoot at pictures of James Clark,Frank Gusenberg,
Peter Gusenberg,John May,Reinhart H.Schwimmer,
Frank Snyder,and Albert R.Weinshank

;>) Originally Posted by RichardGozenya
Maybe it's all about the massacre?
hey! ..Baudy Ickie!

mmuuuaaahhh!! ...Juan
That's interesting about Vday not being connected to love. I seem to slightly recall something of a saint valentine or some no name person that was to be sentenced to death. And there was a female that was compelled or charged with seeing after this person, A bond forged with two complete strangers that were brought together in those circumstances. I used to know exactly what it was about because I had done something romantic for my ex which I have done extremely well at forgetting so I dont exactly remember the story anymore.....But I would like to wish a wonderful Valentines day to Bunnie who I am so captivated and intranced by, and Vixin for her helpfullness...and to all the unknowns who's paths may cross with mine....and anyone I forgot to mention sorry Im trying to hurry...
Did someone sleep at a Holiday Inn Express?
Good stuff! I always thought it was an invention of Hallmark Corporation!
Like most holidays and their true historical origin, these days, the holidays have really lost a lot of their meaning and become what I call commercial whorism days.