For you Street Players.. ALARM

Just read this:
Austin police continue their push in the Rundberg Lane area of North Austin this weekend with “100 percent enforcement” on Friday and Saturday nights. Officers will flood area hot spots — including Rundberg, the I-35 service road south of Rundberg, Powell Lane and Sam Rayburn Drive — and make arrests for any violation they see, no matter how small.
This is part of the “Restore Rundberg” initiative police launched in January using a $1 million federal grant. They’re trying to reduce crime and revitalize the area over the next three years.
In the coming months, the Statesman will be writing a lot about Restore Rundberg and the neighborhoods APD is trying to improve. You can read Sunday’s story about the initiative here .
The officers will hit the hot spots from 9 p.m. Friday to 3 a.m. Saturday, then return during the same hours Saturday night and Sunday morning.
In a news release, APD says: “The initiative will focus on all crimes, but more specifically narcotics, prostitution and gang-related offenses … Additionally, APD will be conducting traffic enforcement in an effort to decrease crashes and speeding along the heavily traveled intersection of Rundberg Lane and IH 35.”
Police plan to do several more of these 100 percent enforcement initiatives this year.
it can get restored, I am sure, 20 years ago my buddy lived in that big ass apt complex just South of Rundberg and we never had any issues with crime or any of that nonsense...
Great, they'll waste a lot of taxpayer money on victimless crime, ignore real crime elsewhere, probably release some real criminals to get room to lock up these people for minor crimes. Meanwhile, the crime will simply move into some other neighborhood, and the criminals will probably get even nastier with the extra pressure.