Texans QB troubles!

Why did the Texans let go of Fitzpatrick?
  • mr666
  • 09-22-2015, 10:23 AM
Because Bill O'Brian
  • Satin
  • 09-22-2015, 10:49 AM
Because he sucks....

Wait....
They should have kept Fritz, groomed Savage. Getting Hoyer was stupid. Word is that when BoB was being hired he told them he was going to get Hoyer. The team is now stuck in a division with three young talented QBs and we have shit
It all still boils down to our terrible GM, Rick Smith. Terrible drafting and contracts. Giving Arian Foster that ridiculous contract made us have to drop two good lineman and with no offensive line, you have no rushing game and no time to throw. Just need to bust up team and start over. We only have a couple of players who could start for any other team. Does Rick Smith have pictures on McNair?
Fitz will step on his dick soon enough. It's what he does. Especially if the defense gets a little pressure on him or confuses him and confusing him doesn't seem to be hard to do.

He damn sure wouldn't have gotten the opportunities here that he got last night. Fitz's YPA was under 7 so he wasn't throwing downfield much, just like here. The Colts turned the ball over 5 times to an opportunistic defense and the Jets offense could only score 20 points? Come on...
Put Fitz in a position of having to read a complicated defense or go through his progressions and he'll regress to his mean.

The Colts have done nothing to shore up their defense or pass rush and Fitz was not pressured when he did drop back on the one longish TD. Does anyone really believe Fitz would be any better behind the terrible Texans O-line than what they have now at QB. At least Mallett will stand in there and chunk the ball. Sure, Fitz probably throws a little more accurately on the run but have y'all already forgotten how completely incompetent, indecisive and quick to scramble he was under pressure here?

I'm not saying we don't have QB problems but I am saying that Fitz wasn't the answer. I agree with BL that getting Hoyer was stupid. Might as well have kept Fitz if that was the trade off. Mallett would probably still be starting week 3.
If the J-E-T-S can continue to play opportunistic, take-away defense...own the field position game throughout ...mix in some ground-n-pound running while minimizing Fitz's role, they'll be just fine.

In my opinion, they're playing for a wild card spot, at best....the Pats are still the power in that division and will prolly take both games vs NY this season and that'll be enough.