What does BBW mean to you?

This seems to be a term that has strayed from its orginal meaning and is ofton missused.

"Big Beautiful Women" and "BBW" were coined by Carole Shaw in 1979, when she launched BBW Magazine. It was used to describe a woman of greater than normal weight. Not always fat, but anyone above normal weight. These days, this is more the "norm" than the typical "average" bodied girl.

Other terms with similar meaning are:

Full-figured or Rubenesque - the latter term referring to the art of Peter Paul Rubens, best known for portraying full-bodied women. These woman may have a large body but may or may not have porportioned curves per say.

Voluptuous and zaftig usually connote ripeness, sensuality, and a body shape involving large breasts and wide hips. These woman may be heavier than average, but still maintain a fit body, just bigger curves.

Voluptuous and zaftig seem to be more percise of many of the "BBW" women I see here. These models have more weight than normal, but are still smoking hot in their own way. Ofton, its as much their attitude and self-confidence as its their actual appearance. These woman are NOT fat. There is just more of them to love :-)

Should we use better terms to describe what we are looking for? Are there enough people who understand or even care what term they use?

Being an old fart, it kills me to not see the rich english language being used to full effect. What do you think?
Being an old fart, it kills me to not see the rich english language being used to full effect. What do you think? Originally Posted by Bubba3452

I don't know which of those would best describe me, but I already like you for your attempt to expand the vocabularies of others.

Things tend to be black and white around here, so I'm not sure it will catch on, but I still like the post.
Jamie Young is a great example. Even Zaftig does not do her justice. She may be "bigger" than normal but fat? no F**** way!
Curvy is a better term, who doesn't like curves?

Besides, curvy girls are fun IMHO, theyre always on the dance floor with me.
I agree!

(Falling back on my Psy degree) Often, sucessfull people who may not fit the "ideal" image compensate by learning to sell themselves in a postive way, often without making it seem that way. Think of someone who is outgoing, life of the party, everyone always wants to be around them. Always in the middle of the action. Yet if they just had to stand there next to the "hot" folks, no one would ever notice them.

These people love life and live it. I have had fantastic good times with women like this. Maybe we did not start out the evening together but just kind of fell into it. These are the women who, when you stop worring about what they look like, become your best friend and sometimes more.

Of course, in the hobby, its far more likely that appearance is the main if not only thing we consider, at least at first. After all, many are here for the fantasy. Just consider stepping outside your comfort zone once in awhile guys. You might be supprised.
I think the BBW acronym contains the word "big" and that is never a good way to describe a woman. I prefer curvy or non-spinner....
"I'm not fat, I'm fluffy" is a great comic special to watch if you want a good answer.
Only 2 times I like the word "big" when describing a woman. Her breast size and her mouth. (Need that big mouth to DT me) wink wink LOL
I have used the term rubenesque in a review. This gentleman does not limit my options when it comes to beautiful women.

The tiniest little thing or a thick lady with extra curves...they all have a lot to offer. We mustn't forget that at the core, no matter what body type, they are still a woman. And that's my opinion...just so you ladies know
I don't know which of those would best describe me, but I already like you for your attempt to expand the vocabularies of others.

Things tend to be black and white around here, so I'm not sure it will catch on, but I still like the post. Originally Posted by Dannie
I like to think I have a rather extensive vocabulary, but I'll never threaten the late William F. Buckley, one of my language heroes.

I have a folder in my bookmarks dedicated to language reference material and from that I offer the following;

http://www.synonym.com/

It gave me this information regarding "voluptuous".....nothing for "volumptuous."

Synonyms for voluptuous

Similarity of adj voluptuous

3 senses of voluptuous

Sense 1:
juicy, luscious, red-hot, toothsome, voluptuous
sexy (vs. unsexy)

Sense 2:
bosomy, busty, buxom, curvaceous, curvy, full-bosomed, sonsie, sonsy, stacked, voluptuous, well-endowed
shapely (vs. unshapely)

Sense 3:
epicurean, luxurious, luxuriant, sybaritic, voluptuary, voluptuous
indulgent (vs. nonindulgent)

Then......I had to look up sonsie/sonsy as I've never encountered the word.

Quick definitions (sonsie)
adjective: (of a woman's body) having a large bosom and pleasing curves

The English language is fun, but not so simple, that's why you have to put a little effort into using it properly.

Things tend to be black and white around here, so I'm not sure it will catch on, but I still like the post. Originally Posted by Dannie
This link will tell you where you fall reguarding height/weight. Depending on your frame size, you look to be actualy average weight for your height. So BBW does not even apply to you . I would just describe you as HOT

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm
. I would just describe you as HOT

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm Originally Posted by Bubba3452

Meeeeee 2
Jamie Young is a great example. Even Zaftig does not do her justice. She may be "bigger" than normal but fat? no F**** way! Originally Posted by Bubba3452

Why thank you!
I love this post, very well-written and interesting
xoxo
  • Fiero
  • 07-06-2010, 08:54 AM
We tend to talk about the 2 primary labels and I think that has led to over use. I think the majority of men fall somewhere in the middle on what they like and also like a variety of things. Men tend to get generalized as beings who like one type when I just don't think it's so for most of us. Hell it's not even a whole body type...we take it down to are you a breast man, leg man or ass man. If I think about women that I think are physically attractive (and I think of this often...lol) in real life, celebrity world and hobby world they are all over the place in body type.

I suppose in this business you can't get away from a lot of physical classifying but I just hate to see women worry so much about it. I get it...I know why it is but it's unfortunate because I just think that on average men are less concerned about weight than women perceive us to be. There's a huge double standard in the world and even more so here. If the men in the hobby world had to go through the same scrutiny the women do, hear/read the comments, be classified into 2 groups...there would be a lot less guys here. If I ever had to read: Fiero, nice enough, but small dick and big stomach, wouldn't see again...well that would be that.

Why do I care? I see this concern in my daughters who are beautiful young women and it breaks my heart that no matter how hard I try and no matter what they are told, they worry OFTEN about weight. They average 5' 8" 130 pounds and worry constantly if they are fat. I've heard the concern about weight from providers who are gorgeous women and the same from women I've known outside of here. It's a bigger problem than the ECCIE board but I love the spirit of the thread that started out saying there are many beautiful body types out there.

So to my brothers our words have an impact on the women in our lives...I know we are the customer and I'm not saying don't get/share the information you need to ensure that you are with someone that you will like physically. I'm just suggesting we can be nicer in how we get and discuss the information. Being the client doesn't give us the right to be insensitive and a lot of us aren't, but the damage of a little insensitivity goes a long way.
BBW is an euphemism that is the politically correct way of calling a woman FAT. That's not being insensitive.

You see a real thin girl, you call her skinny. Let's be nice and call em SSW
Skinny Sultry Woman.

It is what it is.

For the record, Dannie and Jamie are not BBW.

Here go some semi BBWs. But not really, more like a BW (Big Woman, she aint beautiful) call em BUW (Big Unattractive Woman)
http://houston.backpage.com/FemaleEs...ish-28/8339560

This one may be a BBW since she is pretty.
http://houston.backpage.com/FemaleEs...ouston/8250079