George Herbert Walker Bush

Thank you 41, RIP.
Amen.
Regardless what you think of politics, this man showed us what civil discourse should look like - especially against the "opponents" we now call "enemies." Maybe we can turn the page back to when we stopped treating neighbors as mortal enemies because they have a different political point of view. Nothing but respect for 41 and that whole family.

Grace.
I loved how back in the day when interviewed and the reporter asked about his having had affairs. His answer was, "I'm not even going to answer that question. How dare you ask it!!!!"
GHWB with a handful of men in Texas sought to remove the price controls at the wellhead for oil and natural gas put in place by Eisenhower. We'd all be dependent on the Middle East and Russia for all of our oil by now if they had not finally been successful. Oh, and fuel for your vehicle would cost as much as it does in Europe, outrageously expensive. They started trying to talk with legislators in the early 60's and only the GOP would even meet with them so they all flipped to the GOP, except Bush who was already a member of the GOP.

And that my friends is how he got elected to congress in 1966, He was the member of the small group who ran because he was the only one who hadn't recently flipped to the GOP.
  • R.M.
  • 12-07-2018, 01:06 AM
RIP and thank you for your service.
Just watched the service ..replayed if course.
My 2nd time voting..
He wanted to see his wife. ... thats what i think...
GOD SPEED!
xxoo annie