A Patriot stands up

You go girl... I support you... fuckem they're TRASH! Walking on our Flag. http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...eo/#more-99628

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zJHdeMv4Kc
So a crime is in progress and the police ignore that but arrest the person trying to stop the criminal act. I also heard some pretty believable threats against that woman but the police ignored those as well. I checked the Valdosta website and their president gave luke warm defense of about four sentences about the freedom to disrespect the flag. Nothing about opposing free speech or the fact that they had someone arrested try to stop a crime.
Fucking shame, apparently defacing the flag is not a misdemeanor. At least the cops didn't shoot her, taze her or beat her.
  • DSK
  • 04-19-2015, 08:33 AM
Wow, a year in jail for stepping on the flag? Pretty harsh possible sentence!!!
18 U.S. Code § 700 - Desecration of the flag of the United States; penalties

(a) (1) Whoever knowingly mutilates, defaces, physically defiles, burns, maintains on the floor or ground, or tramples upon any flag of the United States shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.
(2) This subsection does not prohibit any conduct consisting of the disposal of a flag when it has become worn or soiled.
(b) As used in this section, the term “flag of the United States” means any flag of the United States, or any part thereof, made of any substance, of any size, in a form that is commonly displayed.
(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed as indicating an intent on the part of Congress to deprive any State, territory, possession, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico of jurisdiction over any offense over which it would have jurisdiction in the absence of this section.
(d)
(1) An appeal may be taken directly to the Supreme Court of the United States from any interlocutory or final judgment, decree, or order issued by a United States district court ruling upon the constitutionality of subsection (a).
(2) The Supreme Court shall, if it has not previously ruled on the question, accept jurisdiction over the appeal and advance on the docket and expedite to the greatest extent possible.
Wow, a year in jail for stepping on the flag? Pretty harsh possible sentence!!!
18 U.S. Code § 700 - Desecration of the flag of the United States; penalties

(a) (1) Whoever knowingly mutilates, defaces, physically defiles, burns, maintains on the floor or ground, or tramples upon any flag of the United States shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.
(2) This subsection does not prohibit any conduct consisting of the disposal of a flag when it has become worn or soiled.
(b) As used in this section, the term “flag of the United States” means any flag of the United States, or any part thereof, made of any substance, of any size, in a form that is commonly displayed.
(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed as indicating an intent on the part of Congress to deprive any State, territory, possession, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico of jurisdiction over any offense over which it would have jurisdiction in the absence of this section.
(d)
(1) An appeal may be taken directly to the Supreme Court of the United States from any interlocutory or final judgment, decree, or order issued by a United States district court ruling upon the constitutionality of subsection (a).
(2) The Supreme Court shall, if it has not previously ruled on the question, accept jurisdiction over the appeal and advance on the docket and expedite to the greatest extent possible. Originally Posted by DSK
Oh shit! I see an executive order from Obama coming negating this law.

"If I had a son, he'd look and act like the thug walking on the flag"
Oh shit! I see an executive order from Obama coming negating this law.

"If I had a son, he'd look and act like the thug walking on the flag" Originally Posted by nwarounder
Nice hijack nitwit.
  • shanm
  • 04-19-2015, 09:52 AM
"(a) (1) Whoever knowingly mutilates, defaces, physically defiles, burns, maintains on the floor or ground, or tramples upon any flag of the United States shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both."

^Is this actually true?

I've never read up on it but have heard constantly on the media (anecdotal) that "burning the flag is our constitutional right"?
  • DSK
  • 04-19-2015, 01:43 PM
"(a) (1) Whoever knowingly mutilates, defaces, physically defiles, burns, maintains on the floor or ground, or tramples upon any flag of the United States shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both."

^Is this actually true?

I've never read up on it but have heard constantly on the media (anecdotal) that "burning the flag is our constitutional right"? Originally Posted by shanm
Flag Burning: Is it Protected Speech?
I think it is protected speech only if you burn it...who knows? http://eyler.freeservers.com/JeffPers/jefpco63.htm
I can't tell you how many years ago it was but I remember seeing an activist (they used to call them shitheads) going out on a baseball field in the middle of a game. He was trying to set fire to an American flag and an outfielder streaked in and grabbed up the flag. The whole crowd cheered as the shithead was taken into custody.

Oh, there it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZzeEaBHUBM
I can't tell you how many years ago it was but I remember seeing an activist (they used to call them shitheads) going out on a baseball field in the middle of a game. He was trying to set fire to an American flag and an outfielder streaked in and grabbed up the flag. The whole crowd cheered as the shithead was taken into custody.

Oh, there it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZzeEaBHUBM Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
That's awesome... FUCK them ShitHeads!
The future of our Country.
That's awesome... FUCK them ShitHeads! Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Yes, fuck free speech, no matter how much you disagree with it...
So much for the free speech of Ms. Manhart. I guess free speech only applies to those you agree with you flag burning piece of shit.
So much for the free speech of Ms. Manhart. I guess free speech only applies to those you agree with you flag burning piece of shit. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Free speech doesn't allow you to attack someone because they're exercising free speech. How fucking stupid ARE you?