Calling all my computer guys..Is it fixable?

Not sure what happened and hoping I don't have to buy a new one so maybe one of my computer guys can send me in the right direction... My daughters laptop screen seems to be broken no cracks or anything ...Is this fixable or am I soL..
It looks like it accidently got stepped/sat on or dropped. You should be able to buy a replacement screen for most laptops.
I think she closed it on her head phones
I would call frys or look online for the type of laptop and price for replacement screen.
She likely applied pressure (when closing it on her headphones) which caused internal damage to the lcd screen. You'll definitely need a screen replacement. They are relatively inexpensive and fairly easy to remove/install. Being this is Austin, literally TONS of businesses out there can do this for you on the quick.
One of the best Computer Repair places I have found is over in the same shopping center as Fry's is located--over to the south near the Half-Price Bookstore. I cant remember the name but I have taken stuff in there for three years and they are friendly and will give you an estimate on repairs or advice on whether you should just replace the unit without repairs. Also can transfer data from old to new machines.

Good luck,
Not worth fixing as laptops are cheaper to purchase new than fix now a days. Sorry to be bearer of bad news but rather you now waste money on fixing an item that hasno real value after 1.5 years.
on a separate issue would love to see you.
One of the best Computer Repair places I have found is over in the same shopping center as Fry's is located--over to the south near the Half-Price Bookstore ... Originally Posted by BugleBoy
The place is called Emax Computers. This place helped me with computer problems in 2014 and I was very pleased with their work.

Not to be confused with an unrelated place of the same name in Katy, Texas.
Pour some 'tussin on it....

Not hobby related. Off to the litter box with this one.
Discount electionics has them for like 200 maybe less.
So your screen is cracked and needs to be replaced. It's certainly a feasible operation, but a big pain in the ass. Laptops have a million tiny screws that you have to find and then loose. The biggest problem is for what you would spend to get the screen replaced, you could probably get the computer replaced. So the biggest question is how replaceable is the data that's on it?
So your screen is cracked and needs to be replaced. It's certainly a feasible operation, but a big pain in the ass. Laptops have a million tiny screws that you have to find and then loose. The biggest problem is for what you would spend to get the screen replaced, you could probably get the computer replaced. So the biggest question is how replaceable is the data that's on it? Originally Posted by maxim_232
+1
Your data should be intact. For the $, you'll want to buy a replacement and have someone move the data for you. Discount electronics.
I can fix it easy. The only that will take the longest is the getting part.
Looks just like mine. Gets by good enough.
Discount electionics has them for like 200 maybe less. Originally Posted by Congratulations
I went to Discount Electronics and picked up A Dell Latitude E6420 with Intel i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 250gig hard drive 4 Gigs of ram and mircast, Iscsi and an Intel HD3000 graphics controller. It came with windows 7 Ultimate. All in all a great machine and I paid 295.00 a few days later I get an email from Microsoft stating there telemetry detected issues with a software suite that I use and they would upgrade my OS for free to resolve the issue. They said to lunch there remote installer and when I woke up in the morning I was upgraded to Windows 10 Professional. It was the best 295 I ever spent. Today if you went to buy just the memory and the Windows 10 Professional operating system you'd be sending about 275.00. Sorry that I'm long winded. Just get another machine and if you bring the other computer in they will even move your data.