Pet Peeve - Misuse of Monger

I don't know what ignoramous preacher started whore monger to mean someone who sees providers. A monger is a dealer or trader of goods or services.

This means that a whore monger is a PIMP or MADAM.
What...the...fuck...

#firstworldprobs
I guess like the BP ads which call a provide a stallion. I'm not interested in a provider with a cock and more inclined to see a filly or a mare.
Are you really that narrow minded or do you only believe there is a single definition of some words.

Tell me what you think of the term warmonger.
Are you really that narrow minded or do you only believe there is a single definition of some words.

Tell me what you think of the term warmonger. Originally Posted by The2Dogs

republican
War Monger means selling war. Not narrow minded at all. Words actually mean things.

So, if you are a man by your loose definition that should mean woman too?
Let's be real here...in this fantasy world we play in, Webster's doesn't have definitions for the majority of terms that get tossed around on here. No need to take such offense over such "misuse" of a word...OP I've seen this comment on other threads, did someone hurt your feelings by calling you a monger?
I don't know what ignoramous preacher started whore monger to mean someone who sees providers. A monger is a dealer or trader of goods or services.

This means that a whore monger is a PIMP or MADAM. Originally Posted by David-Louisiana
what is your title preference. what would you like to be called? you seem like a refined kind of human being
As a proponent of proper communication and a lifelong student of linguistics, it's refreshing to find someone who appreciates how words are sometimes misapplied.

However, language is a living thing that goes through evolutionary periods. A few decades ago the term "gay" meant "happy and carefree;" "pussy" just referred to felines; and the "net" was what you hauled a fish into the boat with.

Even if initially improper, words often take on new meanings depending upon usage, especially if acceptance becomes widespread.

This has been your ECCIE educational moment, brought to you by our sponsor, Jack-Off in the Box Condoms.
Play safe.
...A monger is a dealer or trader of goods or services.
Originally Posted by David-Louisiana
whore·mon·ger
a person who has dealings with prostitutes... Originally Posted by FoxyNC
Yep, you can see the progression. Trading for such good services (and guys tirelessly trying to "get a deal") is as old as the profession itself.
. . . definitions for the majority of terms that get tossed around on here. No need to take such offense over such "misuse" of a word... Originally Posted by nikkivikkisix
Like the word appointment.
@DL, you can go with whoremaster if you prefer

Like the word appointment. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
Indeed
The OP is correct that the official definition of the word "monger" means: "A dealer in or trader of a commodity."

However, the use of the word "dealer" throws some gray area into it, imo. Someone who "deals" in any commodity, could be considered either the buyer or the seller, so that would make both parties, client and provider, a monger.

I also don't think it refers to pimps or madams. I promote myself, and handle all my own business dealings, therefore, I am a monger by definition as well.

Another euphemistic term I enjoy for hobbying is "plying my trade".

I personally love language and get pleasure out of being pedantic over semantics, so don't mind someone over-analyzing such things. Proper communication is important!