Bats & Hotels

• fawn
  • 02-06-2012, 06:40 AM
If a lady were headed your way to work for a few days where would be the best hotel and area to stay?
and to stay away from?

Also ElisabethWhispers told me I had to see the bats while I was there, but she didn't know if they would
be out this time of the year... Any suggestions and answers would be greatly appreciated!
Bats are best in August ! That's when they're migrating. Congress st bridge & town lake. I can't help with hotels.
Let me first say that Fawn is a GEM!
Austin men, you will love her. She was one of the first providers I met when I lived in Dallas and you couldn't find a more beautiful and sweet woman if you tried.

I'll pm you some good hotels/areas when I get home Fawn && I hope we can meet up for drinks or dinner

Are you coming alone or with Ms. Foster?
Are you coming alone or with Ms. Foster? Originally Posted by Jamieyoung

I'm kidnapping her and bringing her with me! I love my Fawn...couldn't leave home without her.
The Bridge under 35 at McNeil in Round Rock is the best place if you want an up close look at the bats. Stay in your car and just drive under. They get way closer. The surrounding view isn't as cool as The Congress Bridge though. But as others have said, this is not a good time of year to see them.
I haven't quite figured out the time the bats come out. Sometimes it seems to be before sunset, sometimes after, sometimes at sunset. Maybe clouds, temperature, or moon phase makes them vary launch time.

The Round Rock colony seems to be pretty good if you catch it at the right time, but it's not as good now as during the summer. Most of the bats go south for the winter.

Don't park or stand under the bridge. No place to park, and unpleasant stuff falls from the sky. Park by the railroad track on the east side along the road that runs south of the railroad tracks. Or at the car parts store. The bats usually fly to the south end of the bridge and head out east.

Don't stand on the railroad track or step into traffic. (It sounds stupid, but I've seen people do it while looking at the bats and getting distracted.)

Keep your mouth closed when looking up, and don't handle any of the bats. Any bat that you can get close to may very well have rabies.

Don't do anything stupid there. Round Rock is Williamson county, home of the local Gestapo wannabe cops. Do NOT get a hotel for incall in Round Rock or anywhere in Williamson county. Guys will cancel on you once they find out you're in Williamson county.

In Austin itself, get a hotel near Congress avenue and the river. Many of us guys don't like to go downtown incalls because of traffic, parking, chance of meeting someone, etc. I don't know how many bats are there under the Congress avenue bridge this time of year.

At either place, it varies from stupendous to hohum depending on when they come out and how many bats come out at once.
  • fawn
  • 02-07-2012, 06:06 AM
Don't do anything stupid there. Round Rock is Williamson county, home of the local Gestapo wannabe cops. Do NOT get a hotel for incall in Round Rock or anywhere in Williamson county. Guys will cancel on you once they find out you're in Williamson county.

In Austin itself, get a hotel near Congress avenue and the river. Many of us guys don't like to go downtown incalls because of traffic, parking, chance of meeting someone, etc. I don't know how many bats are there under the Congress avenue bridge this time of year. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
Why thank you rockerrick, rekcaSxT and GneissGuy, it sounds like we are coming down at the wrong time of the year to see the bats!

But it sounds like the best place to get a hotel will be near Congress Ave and the river.. thank you for the info guys...

And Jamie you beautiful woman you, of course we will meet up and have dinner and drinks... if we are lucky maybe Lisa will pop through and make it complete....
Hi Fawn you Beautiful lady!!!
Reeses Pieces cant wait to see you babe. It was an honor to meet 2 fine ladies on my last trip to Dallas.
A big welcome from the Austin Cowboy!!!
And there is more to our great city than meets the eye. I offer up daily tours of our great city and the finest of dining.
I have promised Reese a great lunch and hope you can join us Fawn!!!
Have a safe trip and see ya'll soon!!

• fawn
  • 02-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Reeses Pieces cant wait to see you babe. It was an honor to meet 2 fine ladies on my last trip to Dallas.
And there is more to our great city than meets the eye. I offer up daily tours of our great city and the finest of dining.
Have a safe trip and see ya'll soon!! Originally Posted by dwrich
Hey sweet cheeks, Thank you for that big ole welcome!! did you mention dining? LOL
Well since you asked I would love to join you and Reese.... I cant wait to see you again...
Have a safe trip and see ya'll soon!!

Originally Posted by dwrich

Can't wait to see you as well, DW! Lunch is going to be a blast.
Counting down the days sweet ladies!!!
See ya'll real soon.
Fawn is one of the best in dallas and Reese is great as well though I haven't seen her BCD