View of world from International Space Station.

Chill from the politics for a while and enjoy this.

The video is just under 5 minutes long and worth every second. Blow it up to full screen and select High Def if you have the bandwidth:

http://youtu.be/7ObnEpRccHM

At around 3:30, I was particularly surprised by the view of the Gulf of Mexico and the City of New Orleans. I noticed hundreds of dots of light to the south of it, which I thought were small towns in the bayous. It wasn't, it was oil rig lights.

Amazing stuff
Yes it is amazing. The federal government has actually gotten pretty good bang for the buck by funding NASA. It's sad that we've had to cut funding so much for the space program.

I think it pleases Obama to defund something that has been such a source of national pride. For Obama, it's just part of punishing America.
You are a fucking idiot.
More dribbling bullshit-blather from the pile of bullshit AKA Assup! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
More dribbling bullshit-blather from the pile of bullshit AKA I B Hankering Originally Posted by I B Hankering
IB seems to have a corner on the repeated "dribble" market! He needs to find a new catch phrase!

The old one outlived its welcome a dozen or so posts ago!
IB seems to have a corner on the repeated "dribble" market! He needs to find a new catch phrase!

The old one outlived its welcome a dozen or so posts ago! Originally Posted by bigtex

You are a fucking idiot, bigtex. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
To all the dipshits who commented above:

MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!

Chill from the politics for a while and enjoy this. Originally Posted by ExNYer
You did read that part, did you not?
Great vid. Thanks. Truly amazing.
To all the dipshits who commented above:

MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!

You did read that part, did you not? Originally Posted by ExNYer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zANvYB93u2g
That was an awesome sight!

. . . Thanks for posting that, ExNYer.