Client tried to get my info by phishing

Tonight, I had a client hit me up for phonesex. He is always posting in ISO for it. So, he seemed legit. Maybe he is to a point, IDK but, he said he was going to send money for our previously discussed phonesex session. I give him my paypal.me name and I wait. Several minutes go by, longer than this transaction normally takes. I check Paypal, no money received. I check both of the emails associated with my Paypal and nothing from them is their either. (Yes, I checked the junk folder too) I then get a text to my hobby phone, which is not listed on my paypal, that says PersonOfADifferentName has sent me money and I need to follow the py.pl link to "Claim" my money. What? Paypal doesn't work like that. I have had
this Paypal since 2007 and never once have they notified me of money received by sending a text with a link to "claim" my money at py.pl. This looks like a phishing attempt to me. Idk, but to stay on the safe side. I blocked the guy. Let me reiterate, I have received no money from this guy and no real notifications through my Paypal or it's attached emails. I still haven't gotten any even now, an hour later.
So, he pm's me through here and goes off. He says I pulled something and that he's going to write a bad review (review of what?) , and tell everyone that I cannot be trusted. Get real!! I can prove everything I've said to be true and I'll be happy to show my info to anyone who wants it. Please PM me for it, and watch out for this guy. He might be a genuine hobbyist, but he was very fishy (and phishy) to me. I then get a text from "Paypal", again to my hobby phone, which they don't know the # to. that says PersonOfADifferentName has canceled their payment. except this text spells the link with paypal.com not py.pl like the first one. I think he's a scammer. So, I followed my gut feeling and ended the situation (with no $$), but I'm still safe and so is my Paypal.
I mean, this was weird, right? Have any of you had this happen before?
seems to me the guilt is revealed by the way he reacted.. a legitimate guy would not get pissed, perhaps befuddled, but that's all.. you only blocked him, you did not indicate you were writing an alert or exposing him, BEFORE he went off on you.. did you?

if so, anger might be a natural reaction.
seems shady to me.
Always go with your spidey sense!
Post the name, at least in the ladies area. People like this are dangerous for you ladies and give us johns a bad name.
This is Alert worthy
That was ABSOLUTELY an attempt to compromise your paypal account. It works thusly:

they send you a fake Paypal email saying money has been sent but you have to click on a link to verify the transaction - which leads you to a fake but real looking Paypal log-in page that you log into -- and you just got your account hacked

You should contact paypal and provide them the info to shut that fucker down. He also ought to named on here if he has an account... I guess you should ask the admins about that bit.
okay, see, I knew I wasn't crazy here.

@Chung Tran - No Sir, I did not say anything about exposing him or telling anyone. My exact words were "Did you actually think I would fall for that? Wow" and then I blocked him.

@Corona -always

@needingmilking -I will post in the ladies area, definitely, and you can PM me for the info too.

@Texassapper -Thank you, I knew it! (whew!) I will contact PayPal as well and the mods to see if this needs to be an alert.

Thanks y'all.
wait...am I allowed to send his info in a PM to someone who asks first? It seems like I read that somewhere, but I don't want to be wrong and get an infraction.
there's a guy posting for phone sex in altered realms on the main board... you might want to go and check if it's the same guy...I posted a warning in case...
Client has their number. So what number did the links texts come from?
You can post the eccie handle here. Good catch!
You may post their handle.

Make sure you follow the masking guidelines if you post phone or email as below to prevent a 30 day ban.

Name Masking

First Letter of first name, and first letter of last name
Ex. Saint Chris would be S**** C****

Phone Number Masking

Full Area Code allowed, Prefix Fully Masked, Last 3 of Line Number allowed
Ex. 214-555-1212 would be 214-***-*212

(An easy way to remember it is this: the First 3 and Last 3 are visible, the middle 4 are masked)

Email Address Masking

Only the first and last character of the username visible and Domain Visible.
Ex. st.christopher@yahoo.com would be s**********r@y***o.com

Preferred411

You may NOT post full P411 ID numbers on this site. Should you need to include this in your report, you are expected to mask this number as well.
Ex. c****-06-D-***2

PLEASE NOTE: There is ZERO TOLERANCE for "outing" another member, ie. revealing "real life information" such as names, phone numbers, email addresses, work info, home address, family info, etc., on this board, regardless of the circumstances. The Masking Guidelines are in place to prevent this from taking place. Failure to comply with the Masking Guidelines ENTIRELY, accidental or otherwise, will result in a suspension of posting privileges.
dont worry about sending anything, I would suggest you follow Admiral's guidelines and post his info as he recommends.
Thanks everyone, and thanks Admiral. Here is his info as per the masking guidelines;

Eccie user ID - jakemar47
The name he used was J*** M******
Phone #: 281-***-*363

@texassapper yessir, that's him
Oh, and I did post in the Ladies area, I emailed the mods to check if this was Alert worthy, and I emailed all the info I had to spoof@paypal.com. -)
Wow I am shocked. I have seen him in person before and he has always paid me and I had no issues. I know people can change though.