Rate Reality

Aside from the obvious, I often wonder if hobbyists who complain about rates really see the bigger picture when it comes to risk - and I'm not talking about the pokey, either (pun intended lol).

Not trying to be a debbie downer on this beautiful and sunny humpday but.......spouses, kids, girlfriends, bosses, coworkers....anyone who has a vested interest in how you live your life .... if they get privvy (and give a sh*t) ..... are probably going to be very emotional and possibly even vengeful. The fallout from this storm is extremely stressfull for everyone. But who is disposable??? Who is seen as having the least value??? Who's usually the first person thrown under the bus??? Any guesses????

Part of the reason for the so-called "high rates" is the fact that we are "disposable" - a proverbial punching bag for anyone who sees fit to pick up a phone or type a message.

Wanted to bring this up as I don't hear it talked about much. I've been doing this about a year now and the danger of an emotional confrontation is a bigger threat to my safety than any criminal concerns for which we advocate screening so diligently to prevent.

Bottom line is that high risk jobs demand higher compensation. When you factor in m/d/v insurance (which is often supplemented by unions in high risk industries) the cost is even greater.

Any thoughts??
A When you factor in m/d/v insurance (which is often supplemented by unions in high risk industries) the cost is even greater.

Any thoughts?? Originally Posted by thathottnurse
So rates are going down as Obama-Care takes effect? Good to know.
So rates are going down as Obama-Care takes effect? Good to know. Originally Posted by Adonis
Well, if we were unionized......ehhhhhh.......u hhhhh.......no lol
Bottom line is that high risk jobs demand higher compensation. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
There's not much point in debating pricing -- ladies charge what they want to charge and customers see providers who charge what the customers want to pay.

But, the fact that the job is high risk is not the determining factor in pricing -- remember that those guys working in mines and excavation sites aren't getting rich.

Rather, the real determining factor is supply-and-demand. There are innumerable variables from provider-to-provider and customer-to-customer, but it still comes down to the provider charging the highest price that allows her to meet whatever gross income objective she has, and the customer looking for providers whose rate is at or below what the customer wants to pay.
Yes, it is simply supply and demand economics at work. I admit as a provider it would be somewhat difficult to determine a proper price point. Emotions and self image get mixed up with hard economic facts.
Countless factors influence the free hand, not just consumer-business variables. S&D is an inherently adaptive theory precisely bc of unforeseen forces. Take storm shelters sales and the latest tornado in Oklahoma. Not only are storm shelter sales enjoying a quick boom, but concrete, steel and equipment rental companies are too. If the availability of latex suddenly took a turn for the worst provider rates would reflect that. So ya supply and demand has an impact on rates just like any other good or service.

That's not my point though. Wages are effected by risk. If you don't think coal miners make a damn good living for West Virginians you are mistaken. They have the highest salary by tens of thousands per year for non-degree employment and it is precisely because of the risk they accept at work. Which brings me back to my point.....
No, you're trying to justify higher rates through a risk premium theory. But hobbyists aren't paying more to offset a potential economic catastrophe for the provider. And providers are not charging above-market-prices to insure themselves against lost earning potential or damages from emotional distress.

Hobbyists are paying more for scarcity and exclusivity. Providers can charge more to offset her lost opportunities. For instance, taking fewer clients to maintain mental and physical well-being or turning away undesirable clients because they are potentially dangerous. That ... and a higher quality of service derived from better physique (gym and fitness regiment), intellectual acumen (college+), and specialized skill sets.

In effect, we pay more so you have the luxury of saying no.
  • L.A.
  • 05-22-2013, 06:20 PM
I'm too stupid to follow all of this.
I just pay $200 an hour...that much I know.
Hobbyists are paying more for scarcity and exclusivity. Providers can charge more to offset her lost opportunities. For instance, taking fewer clients to maintain mental and physical well-being or turning away undesirable clients because they are potentially dangerous. That ... and a higher quality of service derived from better physique (gym and fitness regiment), intellectual acumen (college+), and specialized. Originally Posted by omakase
It is good old Adam Smith's "wealth of nations" at work. simple as that.
Hotnurse,

You could be giving it away for free and also givng green stamps and the fucktards will still be complaining about the price.
It is good old Adam Smith's "wealth of nations" at work. simple as that. Originally Posted by lukeskywalker7667
Can I +1 a comment in a thread I started??? Either way, +1.

This is just a short white chick's random thoughts. I haven't heard it talked about...and maybe there's a reason for that. probably best not to touch this one on second thought. Lol
I am very easily pleased by the very best, and willing to compensate those for their time.
Hotnurse,
You could be giving it away for free and also givng green stamps and the fucktards will still be complaining about the price. Originally Posted by pyramider
So much truth in this.

You know, it doesn't matter what a lady's 'rates' are. I've found that the men who post in complaint about rates the most, are often times the least qualified to be representatives of that particular level of hobbyist.

So it doesn't really matter. Lurkers and non-posters from days gone by, are the larger percentage of my visitors. However, there is a ton of truth in what omakase posted. These gents pay not only for looks, but also for exclusivity, discretion, reliability, intelligence, etc.

At the end of the day, price yourself at whatever you are comfortable with, ladies! Higher rates will generally mean not as much business, but not all of us want to be a vaginal 7-Eleven. I can easily maintain my lifestyle with my current rates, and I don't have to be a revolving door. Not as much business is fine with me. It allows me to enjoy what I do.

I don't see our rates as being risk-related, though. We only take risks when we don't employ proper screening and things of that nature. If rates were based on risk, you'd see $1000/hr rates in the Welcome Wagon
The most likely reason for complaints is they want to see the lady but can't afford her. Enough can that she does just fine without them.

We all have our financial limitations. I just wish I had Daaaaman's hobby budget.