Do you write reviews? Do you go to Socials, parties, meet and greets, etc?

With the "promoting prostitution" charge, law enforcement needn't show that defendants actually engaged in pay-to-play sexual activity themselves. All they must show is that the men "advanced" the prostitution careers of others by saying positive things about them online.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/12/13/12...stitution-case

The current round of arrests were targeted solely against those writing reviews, participating on a board like this, and attending social events organized for hookers and johns to meet.

Thoughts?
The current round of arrests were targeted solely against those writing reviews, participating on a board like this, and attending social events organized for hookers and johns to meet.

Thoughts?
Originally Posted by Whispers
YEP.. S.T.F.U.
Weren't they after the Korean girls and the sex trafficking operation? And all charged having had a connection or contacted the leader of the group mentioned in that article?

Yes the members of the group were charged. But if they plead guilty the sentence was severely reduced.

Might need a Shyster John take on this.
  • ztonk
  • 12-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Might need a Shyster John take on this. Originally Posted by RogueOne
It's ShysterJon and he already has in this thread.

z
And look at how the California Attorney General's charges against BackPage for much the same thing were tossed OUT!!!

Much better topics to discus, imo.
Yes they get tossed out..... or charges reduced....

But people get arrested... talked about in the media outlets and have their lives disrupted and sometimes ruined along the way...

Why would you suggest this is not a topic people should discuss or be aware of?
Yes they get tossed out..... or charges reduced....

But people get arrested... talked about in the media outlets and have their lives disrupted and sometimes ruined along the way...

Why would you suggest this is not a topic people should discuss or be aware of? Originally Posted by Whispers
It's been pretty calm around here lately Whispers. You bored and just want to stir up shit...? again...? It's not a topic people should, or need to discuss because it's simply not an issue!!!!!! Get another hobby old man.. Maybe deliver dinners to needy families... The kids already have their toys. geeze!
Or maybe you can go down to the city council and give them advice about how to run the new John School that's getting started.. $250 seems a bit high for an 8 hour course, I bet you could get it for $125, as good as you are about whining, hell, maybe you can get it down to $45.
I get a lot of emails from hobbyists asking about potential criminal liability if they write a review. I don't agree with anyone who asserts the topic shouldn't be discussed here.

I'm not interested in reading 99.99% of the posts on Eccie. But I don't post on all those threads stating I'm not interested in the topic. My advice is: If you're not interested in a topic, great. STFU and move along.
It's been pretty calm around here lately Whispers. You bored and just want to stir up shit...? again...? It's not a topic people should, or need to discuss because it's simply not an issue!!!!!! Originally Posted by nuglet
Sure Nuggie... I enjoy stirring it up so much that I went out to the East Coast and influenced the authorities to make arrests and the media to cover it.

I've been to hundreds of parties, luncheons, meet and greets etc.. I've talked to more guys than I can remember that shared a belief that no one in LE would/could ever take reviews seriously enough to arrest a guy based solely on what he had written.

Now, a little over a week ago, it has happened here in the US and no matter what the final outcome is those guys were arrested, made the focus of media attention, are incurring legal fees and quite probably having their lives turned upside down.

The purpose of this site is information. information that we all use to judge for ourselves what the risks are and how much risk we each want to accept in the activities we choose to partake in.

You seem to be a proponent of limiting information that people should have for some reason. My guess is because you enjoy attending parties to interact with people socially that you cannot afford to see in the hopes of some discount derived from your constant championing of the whores.

CK hosts parties.... He has a vested interest in the limiting of any information that might affect the attendance of his parties. Considering that he was the host of a party in Houston years ago that was attended by LE posing as Johns and ended with the arrests of a few people having, this issue in open discussion is probably not good for his activities.

I used to host parties myself. Probably 60 over the years. I've dealt with reports of LE cruising the parking lot, recording license plates or being in attendance at the parties gathering information.

It is a valid concern.

I am sure it presents no worries to those that do not attend social gatherings and limited concern to those that write reviews.
And look at how the California Attorney General's charges against BackPage for much the same thing were tossed OUT!!!

Much better topics to discus, imo. Originally Posted by ck1942
Prior to being tossed out though arrests get made, bookings happen, mug shots get posted.

You know this though right? You hosted the famous Houston Christmas Party years ago that ended with LE in attendance, arrests made and media attention.

There certainly may be better topics to discuss This topic is limited to a very small audience of those that write reviews and attend social gatherings....

Why doesn't it concern you?

You bring Whores together with ACTIVE Jonhs looking to get laid and many of your gatherings end with those connections getting made and a whore and john leaving to meet and fuck and exchange money.

Doesn't it concern YOU that some might think that YOU could be facilitating prostitution simply by hosting the parties? You don't allow just ANY members from the community to attend right? Just guys that are active seeing whores in a recent time frame and the whores.
I get a lot of emails from hobbyists asking about potential criminal liability if they write a review. I don't agree with anyone who asserts the topic shouldn't be discussed here.

I'm not interested in reading 99.99% of the posts on Eccie. But I don't post on all those threads stating I'm not interested in the topic. My advice is: If you're not interested in a topic, great. STFU and move along. Originally Posted by ShysterJon
I stand corrected, I was actually referring to Whispers constant attempt to being a burr under the blanket. And actually, as you can tell, almost NO ONE is interested in the topic. It's just another desperate attempt by Whispers to stay in the spotlight. But, I think you will agree, discussing it, will draw more attention to it.. Glad to see this is part of the .01% of the posts you're interested in reading.
Perhaps we can get Whispers to give us a lesson in the Newly formed "John School".
You two need to take your petty squabbles off the board.

And actually, as you can tell, almost NO ONE is interested in the topic. Originally Posted by nuglet
As a barometer of topic interest, you suck. The topic's been discussed recently by dozens of people in at least these five threads:

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1910196

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1908662

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=515506

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1837284

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1921207

Maybe it's the boring sniping between you two that's caused people to avoid this particular thread.
Perhaps we can get Whispers to give us a lesson in the Newly formed "John School". Originally Posted by nuglet
Well... Here is the link... http://kxan.com/2016/12/20/john-scho...gets-approval/

Isn't a common reason we hear about lack of prosecution in crimes many see as victim-less that there are not enough deterrents in place or programs meant to educate the accused and cut back on the commission of the crime in the future?

My immediate thoughts on the subject of a "John School " here in Austin voted for and established by City Council would be that we can expect more arrests and prosecution aimed at funneling guys into the program for it to sustain itself.

As programs like this get put in place there is greater reasons go out and make arrests right? How many "innocent" guys will pay a $250 fee and sit in a class for 8 hours to see their case dismissed or reduced to some minimum non related charge vs the thousands of dollars needed to fight it?
to Nuglet.... As a barometer of topic interest, you suck.

Maybe it's the boring sniping between you two that's caused people to avoid this particular thread. Originally Posted by ShysterJon
We don't get a lot of participation openly in Austin but some occurs..... Nuggie and a few others do their best to try to shut everything down but along the way people read the threads that matter to them coming back a few times to catch up. His sniping helps keep topics on the front page.

This one already has 1200 views which is a fair barometer of topic interest.
You two need to take your petty squabbles off the board.

As a barometer of topic interest, you suck. The topic's been discussed recently by dozens of people in at least these five threads:

Maybe it's the boring sniping between you two that's caused people to avoid this particular thread. Originally Posted by ShysterJon

LOL Gotcha@!@@!