On a lighter note..... Was there anything you ever really wanted for Christmas... that you never got? Something simple and less expensive than things you actually received?

Every year growing up we wished for something.....

Sometimes we got it...... Sometimes we didn't.....

Sometimes we got things that were more expensive than what we really wanted so we knew it was not about the money.....

It led at times to thinking that noone ever listened to us......

What did you want that you never got?

If Christmas was not celebrated in your home apply the question to a birthday....
I never really wanted anything as a child I was not and have never been a materialistic type person... I was and still am always concerned about other people and what they need and want.... if I could rewind time and asked for one thing from my childhood to have it as an adult woyld be the original Nintendo with Excitebike Super Mario Brothers BurgerTime and Double Dragon ..... and then my adult life is only one thing I want for Christmas but I know it could never happen and that stays private to me
oh wait I take that back I did once receive a more expensive gift than when I actually wanted.... I got the Malibu Barbie Dream House and car.. all I wanted was a paperback copy of the outsiders as I had read mine so many times the spine of the book had broken and pages were falling out
Blue haired spinner!
  • Toyz
  • 12-15-2014, 04:24 PM
I grew up in a southern environment with all the stereotypical trappings of the lifestyle. I got a very nice rifle for my 15th birthday...for whatever reason southerners like to shoot things.

But I really wanted a Monkey....
All I ever wanted was my two front teeth, I'm still pissed I never got them. Grrrrrrrr
BJ from the SO
All I ever wanted was my two front teeth, I'm still pissed I never got them. Grrrrrrrr Originally Posted by rockerrick
Hey u stole my former wish Bahaha.
I grew up in a southern environment with all the stereotypical trappings of the lifestyle. I got a very nice rifle for my 15th birthday...for whatever reason southerners like to shoot things.. Originally Posted by Toyz

• Toyz
  • 12-15-2014, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by cinnamonshark
It was a .22/410 over & under...more like blow your head off than put your eye out...LOL
Blue haired spinner! Originally Posted by Still Looking
Merry Xmas, SL.

Merry Xmas, SL.

Originally Posted by Hobart420

Merry Vhristmas Hobart
When I was a kid, I got a jacket from adult cousin's brand new wife, that had a tag on it from Dillard's, (or maybe Foley's) that looked something like the below jacket. I grew up in the country, and would have preferred a walmart jacket, but really wanted a GI Joe. I didn't wear the below jacket unless forced to by my mom, when visiting a relative. I went to school cold, instead of wearing the jacket which would have gotten me beat up.

Big Trak! but my mom kept saying no, she said it would use to many batteries and cost to much in the end.. I am still mad about this...

Omniscience.