To all of my fellow Veterans………

Thank you for your service.
  • R.M.
  • 11-11-2022, 11:57 AM
Yay
[ATTACH]

[/ATTACH]
Attached Images File Type: png Screenshot_20221111-125253-890.png (443.9 KB, 37 views)
Thank you for your service. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I salute you one and all!!!
And a big thank you to you Jackie. If I remember you served in Nam and were injured. I served stateside at that time. You deserve major accolades.
I was just watching a story about a couple of college girls who thought it would be a good idea to put the names of Vietnam POW's and MIA's on bracelets and offered them for $2.50. Many of the kids in my senior year got them.

The story was of a a guy who bought a bracelet, had it put away all these years just like I did. I just dug mine out and he wanted to know what happened to the man whose name was on his bracelet. He found out that man, now 80 is still alive and sent him his bracelet. Turns out many others had done the same thing and sent him their bracelet. They estimate the 5 million bracelet's were made and sold

Unfortunately Capt. Charles Austin, shot down over Vietnam on 4/24/67 whose bracelet I still have is reported as missing in action and his body never recovered.

I did 4 years from Dec. of '65 to Dec. of '69 bouncing around the world on a Destroyer named the USS Sarsfield DD837

So thank you Capt. Austin and all the men and women who came back and those that never did. We salute you.

And a big thank you to you Jackie. If I remember you served in Nam and were injured. I served stateside at that time. You deserve major accolades. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Thank you.
It all seems so long ago in a galaxy far far away.