Face to face

I was watching one of those "eduKational" programs that Dannie is nagging me to watch, don't remember i it was Nova, or history channel, or maybe even animal planet, but they were doing a special on the distiguishing differences between Homo Sapiens and the rest of the animal kingdom. Aside from the obvious ones (oposable thumb, stereo-scopic color vision,etc) they pointed out one very interesting difference: the placement of male genitals. In the mammal class, all females, including sapiens, have their genitalia at the bottom of the abdominal cavity. Human males, however, differ from the other mammals in that their genitalia are on the front of the pelvic mound as opposed to the abdominal bottom. This enables homo sapiens to copulate in a position where they may face one another. The show stated that we are the onl species that does this.

Isn't it just wonderful of mother nature to evolve us to such a state where e may initiate coitus in such a position as to be able to see the look of pleasure (or pain?) in our mate's face!

Hooray for missionary position!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never make love on an empty stomach;
Take her out to dinner first.
Why do Canadians prefer Doggie?

So both can watch the hockey game!!
The other option I've read about is that it allows for sex in trees, and for both partners to watch out for approaching predators while still having sex. Hell of a world, when you can't knock off a piece without being eaten (in a bad way)!