Who's the real "Monger" in the hobby?

Webster and online dictionaries define "Monger" as ..

1. A dealer or trader in a specific commodity. Often used in combination: an ironmonger.
2. A person promoting something undesirable or discreditable. Often used in combination: a scandalmonger; a warmonger, hatemonger.

Going with option #1 wouldn't providers be the actual mongers rather than the guys who are the buyers?
Who took the term and applied it to the hard legs?
Society is looking at it as the second definition. And that is probably why it's called wh***mongering . Of course as a monger my view is skewed towards not being undesirable .
Society is looking at it as the second definition. And that is probably why it's called wh***mongering . Of course as a monger my view is skewed towards not being undesirable . Originally Posted by DIE HARD
Good point. I hadn't considered that.
  • Toyz
  • 07-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Brits & Ausies call themselves "punters"... Had me confused while doing an Asian trip...
well considering I set up a gang type thing and only one showed due to work related things ad i make it a freebie cause I wanted it..does that make me one?
well considering I set up a gang type thing and only one showed due to work related things ad i make it a freebie cause I wanted it..does that make me one? Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn
Nope , just makes you a hell of a lot of fun !
So, would a "fish monger" answer both definitions? LOL
not you-
not you- Originally Posted by Mueller
No argument there.
  • Sire
  • 07-09-2012, 09:44 PM
well considering I set up a gang type thing and only one showed due to work related things ad i make it a freebie cause I wanted it..does that make me one? Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn
"Monger"monger.