Banner Ad on Masthead

It seems that there is a new ad to the right of the web site logo on the mast head. It would be helpful to have a way to close this, just as one can close the ads with photos on the sides. Some of us browse the site at work and would prefer staff not to get an eye full when the walk into our office.
TTH,

can you be specific on this? are you talking about the top right hand side of the page? next to the ECCIE logo?

I'm asking because we have always had a banner in that location, and if that's new to you I'm curious what you were seeing before.

Thanks,

stchris
Yep, that's what I'm talking about. Right now it says Kitten on a pink background. To my knowledge, it wasn't there before. Maybe where the ad was stored changed my ad filter on Firefox didn't adjust. I've manually blocked it for now. We'll see if that solves the problem.

But I've always thought that it was great design on the part of this site to give the user an option to close all the annoying graphics windows on the side and save the preferences in your user information. I love that.
  • ~Ze~
  • 10-23-2010, 08:09 PM
TTH- I love being able to close the ads down too..

Unfortunately that causes a problem with the advertising in general. No one wants to pay a premium price for a block of space that can so easily be ignored. If no one advertises... the board isn't supported.

Maybe there is a way you can change your user settings to block all images?
(kind of like some do with sig lines and avatars)
  • Mokoa
  • 10-23-2010, 08:31 PM
I believe those setting do not affect the ad he is referring to. As far as I know at this time there is no way to prevent that particular ad from displaying on the page.

Also, perhaps the workplace is not the most appropriate place to browse this site.
I've been able to block it with AdBlock Plus on Firefox so far.

Ze, the problem with your suggestions is that some pics, I want to be able to see. However, I can't think of a single site where I want to see advertising.
  • Mokoa
  • 10-24-2010, 12:33 AM
I've been able to block it with AdBlock Plus on Firefox so far. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Yes, that is a great Firefox Add-on.