Truth in advertising - Caressass

Respect for the hobbyist's time: is it asking too much that provider ads be clear about times that are offered?

Example: recent ad from Caressass says, and I quote:

"Availability is Mon-Fri afternoons & evenings (no late night) or Sundays. Morning times must be made in advance or I will never be available to see you or answer your call or email."

Now, I've been wanting to see her, but daytime hours are difficult for me. Looked like maybe she was extending her hours for the holidays. So I texted her, asking for an evening appointment, 8 p.m. She texted back, sorry, don't work nights, only mon-fri 10:30 am to 5 pm.

Now to my way of thinking, there is no part of the evening that happens before 5 p.m. So I text her back, "You might want to edit your ad. It says Mon-Fri afternoons & evenings no late night."

She replies, (staff edit; can't post private conversations in public; ztonk)

I reply, "I'd call 8 pm evening, late maybe after 10 or so. Just trying to be helpful."

I reply, "That's all I'm saying. Room for misunderstanding."

One day later, her ad has still not been edited.

Am I being unreasonable in expecting that a provider's ad should give us a clear idea of when she is available? We take time and energy out of our busy day to respond to them, and so we need to know what hours are offered and what hours are not.

It would save us a lot of time and frustration. That's all I'm saying.
Oz, can't tell you how many times I've been involved in situations similar to yours, and not just on ads, but on Showcase information as well. Some of the ladies just aren't very good about keeping their info up to date. Gotta wonder how many clients it costs them.
  • ztonk
  • 12-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Gotta wonder how many clients it costs them. Originally Posted by Poet Laureate
Obviously they are busy enough that they aren't concerned about the few of you who expect decent ad copy and TCB...

z
Thank you Ztonk... Yes that's true and besides my showcase does clearly say MON-FRI
10-5pm....
Oz, I am surprised you would call her out by NAME and then posted text and conversations that you had with her. I for one do not expect the GREAT lady's on this site to carry a new addition Websters Dictionary to decide when evening starts or stops. Is it that time of the month or are you just an Ass..To be fair I will admitt she is my ATF and I have seen her many time in the past 3 months.. I do not write many reviews,and I especially do not like to say something negative about a provider unless it might cause harm to one of my brothers. I am also Thankful the Ladys are not writing the reviews. I am curious if the reviews you wrote might be told a little different if told by the ladys.. Last thing...I bet you blew your oppurtunity to be with a smoking hot, sexy,sweet, passion filled woman. I think all of her glowing reviews trump your narcissistic rant.
thanks, Average Joe
Yes, Caressass, and I saw where it said 10am-5pm in your showcase. But ladies sometimes extend their hours, and they use their ads to promote their extended hours. Happens all the time, and I thought that's what was happening when I saw your ad which said "evenings".

Now anyone can make a mistake, so I took a little extra time out of my day to help you understand the importance of clear expectations, even though it seemed like you were maybe copping an attitude about it at first.

Now I know from your texts a few minutes ago that you're upset that I outed you on this. I'm kind of sorry that I did in a way, and you obviously care what people think about you. But people need to know what they can expect from you. That's what this board is for.

So what I'd like for you to do is to take a few deep breaths, and remind yourself that I'm sorry, and that you're sorry to. You told me so in your text.

But the damage is already done. We can't undo it. All we can do is move forward and try to do better next time.

Like I told you in my reply, if you get on the board, and say you're sorry and that you'll work on your TCB, then probably no one is going to remember this a week from now.

Or you can cop an attitude and give us that to remember. Some folks may like that better. So it's a marketing decision. The choice is yours.

Now I think that an even better marketing decision would be: to win me over by giving me the best GFE of my life. Turn my sour face into a happy smile, and leave me singing your praises.

Truth be told, I don't know if I'm brave enough to risk my cojones. I don't think you like me very much right now.
I think the choice between just having a bad day or being an ASS has been answered and you are mighty reckless with the word " sorry ". maybe try putting it in front of your name..Im sure you mama is proud of you. Nothing like a big ole man trying to push a little women around.I bet your reputation is more at risk than hers.
Oz, I am surprised you would call her out by NAME and then posted text and conversations that you had with her. I for one do not expect the GREAT lady's on this site to carry a new addition Websters Dictionary to decide when evening starts or stops. Is it that time of the month or are you just an Ass..To be fair I will admitt she is my ATF and I have seen her many time in the past 3 months.. I do not write many reviews,and I especially do not like to say something negative about a provider unless it might cause harm to one of my brothers. I am also Thankful the Ladys are not writing the reviews. I am curious if the reviews you wrote might be told a little different if told by the ladys.. Last thing...I bet you blew your oppurtunity to be with a smoking hot, sexy,sweet, passion filled woman. I think all of her glowing reviews trump your narcissistic rant.
thanks, Average Joe Originally Posted by average joe
Thank you for your feedback, Average Joe. I'm a little surprised that I did, too. And it was a minor annoyance, but one that cost me time. Is my time worth nothing?

BTW, it's new "edition", not "addition". Just a little feedback.

Is it that time of month, or am I just an ass? I'd say a little of both, but not much of either.

Now I was also on the fence about posting texts. I certainly didn't post anything confidential. Just what was an indication of TCB.

And I'd love to read the lady's reviews, too. The more feedback the better, even if it hurts my ego temporarily.

Narcissism: we are all much like Narcissus, gazing into the pool of the world looking for a reflection of ourselves to fall in love with. So it's okay to be a narcissist. Most of us are, whether we admit it or not.
I think the choice between just having a bad day or being an ASS has been answered and you are mighty reckless with the word " sorry ". maybe try putting it in front of your name..Im sure you mama is proud of you. Nothing like a big ole man trying to push a little women around.I bet your reputation is more at risk than hers. Originally Posted by average joe
Hey, average joe: WK much?
well arnt I red faced...Im Just a damn redneck Texan being schooled by an ASS ... Reminds me of one of the Chuck Norris sayings " Chuck Norris can only masturbate to a picture of Chuck Norris"... Happy hands for you?? I bet.....Not sure what pool your looking into but I bet its a safe bet you are the only one that would pick you..
thanks, Average Joe
ps. please feel free to correct and return
well arnt I red faced...Im Just a damn redneck Texan being schooled by an ASS ... Reminds me of one of the Chuck Norris sayings " Chuck Norris can only masturbate to a picture of Chuck Norris"... Happy hands for you?? I bet.....Not sure what pool your looking into but I bet its a safe bet you are the only one that would pick you..
thanks, Average Joe
ps. please feel free to correct and return Originally Posted by average joe
Not my idea. Care of the Soul by Thomas Moore. I'm a native Texan, too, generations back.

Now the question is: why is this all so important to you?
And the ripples in the water fade into stillness.
I get bent when a guy on this site takes a cheap shots at the Lady's and even more bent when its one I know... there is never a reason to try and elevate ones self by stepping on or trying to act superior to the women of Eccie....OK, my relatives faught at the Alamo and San Jacinto. .. Maybe next we can meet up for a dick measuring contest
I don't think i took a cheap shot. I just gave honest feedback based on what I experienced. Isn't that what this site is for?

Not trying to elevate myself or lower anyone. Just trying to improve the quality experience for provider and hobbyist alike.

And I kind of doubt that you have relatives that fought at both the Alamo and San Jacinto. Or that you would be on a call-girl board if you did.
Going to have to go with oz on this one, attitude means a lot to me. I look for information like this when trying to decide between people. My time should be just as valuable and respected as the potential provider. The op did not seem rude or biased, just a simple heads up, take it how you will kind of deal...
If you two would like to pull the who is more Texan game I'll see your Alamo/San jacinto and raise y'all 9 generations of Texans before me and one after, lol.