Oil Field Woes

I know a lot of people who lost jobs related, in one way or another, to the current oil bust. And I'm sure there has to be more than a few recently laid off folks on here. Has it reached the point where providers have seen the results?
Yes but they don't want to admit to it.
No
This was brought up when crude was still at $60
No
This was brought up when crude was still at $60 Originally Posted by Slitlikr
^^^^is that a fee code malfunction?
I'll admit it; Some of my clients have lost their jobs or taken cuts in pay and have had to tighten their entertainment budgets, so don't see me as often, and I don't get as many calls as I used to from gentlemen in the oil business. Perfectly understandable given our local economic dependence on the field. Fortunately, I have loyal regulars who I've kept happy for years, and I have diversified the type of appointments I offer, as well as where I advertise, and I may run specials a wee bit more frequently, but not to the point of ridiculousness.

One just has to be flexible and adjust as circumstances change. Many providers are no doubt feeling the pinch, but since we have bills to pay, too, yet hope to weather the downturn with reputations and self respect intact, please don't expect bargain basement pricing if you desire consistent quality service. Just remember that you get what you pay for.
True, I still have my well paid job but less hours so I'm back on Bp quickies session.
I'll admit it; Some of my clients have lost their jobs or taken cuts in pay and have had to tighten their entertainment budgets, so don't see me as often, and I don't get as many calls as I used to from gentlemen in the oil business. Perfectly understandable given our local economic dependence on the field. Fortunately, I have loyal regulars who I've kept happy for years, and I have diversified the type of appointments I offer, as well as where I advertise, and I may run specials a wee bit more frequently, but not to the point of ridiculousness.

One just has to be flexible and adjust as circumstances change. Many providers are no doubt feeling the pinch, but since we have bills to pay, too, yet hope to weather the downturn with reputations and self respect intact, please don't expect bargain basement pricing if you desire consistent quality service. Just remember that you get what you pay for.
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels

Very well said!
Before the disaster in 2010, I made more in bonuses than any time since. That just happens to coincide with when I got involved in the hobby.
For myself, the time between appointments is much longer than when I first got started. I'd rather do without than expect bargain basement pricing. As much as you get what you pay for, I'm sure the quality of clients attracted would be less than desirable.
I wish us all the best of luck through this down turn!
Yeah I know alot of oil guys whom have lost their jobs. Sucks. =/
it sucks :-(
This is funny.......

You fucktards, that little fucking bump whe had in the economy was much worse than this little fucking bump in the oil business...
Things will get worse before they get better, so buckle up and tough it out.
This time around sucks will wait for the return, next year!!!!!!!!!
will see houses up for grabs in 3-4 months!
Hold On!!!!!!!!!!!!!