Food for the Soul--supporting a Vet. owned business.

With the number of food threads out there, I thought I would start one regarding a specific restaurant on the north side.

If you are hungry and want a good meal around 1960 and I-45 you will not be disappointed.

http://www.bigsargshomecooking.com/

I love this little soul food place! Discovered it last year, only a few blocks from my incall. The Coca Cola chicken wings are tender with great flavor, my favorite menu item offered three times a week. The smothered pork chops are pretty good, too, and the mac 'n cheese is a must-order accompaniment. Not an oxtail or collard greens person, but everybody else really likes them there. I still need to try the catfish, gumbo, and meatloaf. Down-home vittles to comfort, indeed, served cafeteria-style with daily specials, entree (plated over white rice with homemade brown gravy), 2 more sides, cornbread, ample portions (I make 2 meals out of mine), $10.99 a plate. Lovely break from all the fast food and franchises surrounding it. Big Sarge is a really nice fellow. I wish him and his restaurant much success.
I gained 20 pounds just opening this thread...pass...
I gained 20 pounds just opening this thread...pass... Originally Posted by Wakeup
just go take a shit.

we all know your full of it.
just go take a shit.

we all know your full of it. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter