I Won't Be Watching The NBA If This Keeps Up....

They've painted "BLACK LIVES MATTER" in large block letters on the court. Since the players go up and down the court every 15 seconds it constantly scrolls on the screen.

It's ridiculous....

they lost me a few years ago....why does it need to keep up before you quit them?
saw an article on that recently too. will not be watching. not that i was a big NBA fan to start with but this is more than enough to make it permanent. won't even watch the Finals with that on the court.
The NBA is 74% African American.. and you're surprised that the NBA would support "Black Lives Matter". Really?
They can support it all they want, just don't make me read it every fifteen seconds on a basketball court like gnadfly said ..... political opinions have no place at sporting events and should not be tolerated by those who want to watch a game ..... I live in San Antonio and have been a huge Spurs fan for 30 years, but they lost me as a fan every time Popovich gets in front of a microphone and starts dissing Trump, or makes statements recently like, "I'm embarrassed to be a white man in America right now" ..... he should STFU and stick to coaching basketball and quit trying to show what an idiot he is when he opens his mouth .....
The NBA is 74% African American.. and you're surprised that the NBA would support "Black Lives Matter". Really? Originally Posted by Grace Preston
You must not have paid attention to "The LeBron Era". He has constantly drug the NBA into racial activism and anticop rhetoric.

What surprises me is the NBA (and to some extent the NFL) is relinquishing their "NBA" brand. BLM is "a brand." That's why they don't want people to say "All lives matter." I hurts their brand and their organization. When a player puts a message on their jersey instead of their name, they are relinquishing 'their brand.'

The NBA partners their brand with Nike and other brands for a price and a symbiotic relationship focused on a joint business goal. In the BLM case, it's for free. The BLM organization has control over whatever message it wants to impart.

It will come back to bite the NBA.
Another "Grievance" for the non-diverse.

I guess you guys are supportive of people of color being shot,choked,and murdered in the streets by LE.

And you guys are so progressive to allow them to support BLM as long as they do so in such a way that is ok with you.We need your permission of course right ?

Your time has come and gone.You just don't realize it yet.

Coach Pop is the Greatest !! Chump is a loser as are all his Chumpette acolytes.

You guys are Neanderthals !!
  • oeb11
  • 07-28-2020, 03:50 PM
See what happens to white males when the DPST radical VP takes power as POTUS - Go vote biden - a vote wasted as he will be ousted for a radical VP.

enjoy your last days of freedoms - Sailor boy.

OBLM is a communist, Marxist organization dedicated to homosexuality as the only sexuality.

Line up - I am sure You are all In!

OBLM and NBA are some of the racist to extreme organizations in America.

BTW - how about the murder of Bernell Trammell in Milwaukee - "Cleansing Milwaukee" for the DNC convention!!!
gotta clean up the place - Can't have any Trump supporters around.

suit the sailor's fancy???
The NBA is 74% African American.. and you're surprised that the NBA would support "Black Lives Matter". Really? Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Rich people generally reject Marxism. Problem with the nba (and other sports tbh) is they aren’t rich through intelligence, but athletic ability. Mentally they’re no different than the rest of the hood and easily manipulated by ridiculous sloganeering like ‘black lives matter’.
  • oeb11
  • 07-28-2020, 04:05 PM
I think the NBA is losing viewership in America - and have pissed off Xi - and are being shut out by China.
Poor Cuban and his favorite toy - they may be folding up in a few years.

Good!
I don't watch NBA regardless.
The NBA will be around and thriving when you guys are gone.

You have the Delusion you still control everything -- I have news for you; you don't.

Younger people mostly don't think like you do.

You have the Delusion you still control everything -- I have news for you; you don't.

Younger people mostly don't think like you do. Originally Posted by sportfisherman

if yous say so
They've painted "BLACK LIVES MATTER" in large block letters on the court. Since the players go up and down the court every 15 seconds it constantly scrolls on the screen.

It's ridiculous....

Originally Posted by gnadfly
I quit watching them years ago. That bullshit just confirms why I quit watching them. College Hoops, yes.
  • oeb11
  • 07-28-2020, 07:03 PM

Younger people mostly don't think like you do. Originally Posted by sportfisherman

Oh My - the psychiatrist is diagnosing 'Delusions' - be careful about speculating on forum participant medical conditions.

A Clue for the newly minted shrink ( self-educated) -I do control what entertainment i choose. !!
NBA ain't it.

So far - we have the freedom to choose our entertainment - after Biden's successor - likely not.

Too Bad - not a 'Delusion'

LOL

Young people typically don't. But then they grow up. And the leftist brainwashing from college gives way to the cold hard experience of every day life.

I don't watch the NBA. I just hope that BLM doesn't fuck up college basketball. But the odds are pretty good that the "woke" universities will start painting that nonsense on courts.

I will skip March Madness if I have to see that every game.