Car mechanic please.... need help with a minor car repair any mechanics available

Hello I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the proper area if I'm not please don't yell and scream at me :-)
I'm in need of a car mechanic.
If anyone is available to help me, please send me a PM.
I appreciate your help.
Thank You Britney
Hello I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the proper area if I'm not please don't yell and scream at me :-)
I'm in need of a car mechanic.
If anyone is available to help me, please send me a PM.
I appreciate your help.
Thank You Britney Originally Posted by lovelybritney
I wouldn't recommend bartering if that's your intention. Most car repairs cost more than your hourly rate. If a mechanic fixes your car for a fuck, chances are that you're not getting a good repair job. The time he spends fixing your car for "free" is time spent away from fixing cars for "paying" customers. Also, if and when you bitch about the shitty job he did, he doesn't have to make it right like he would have to with a "paying" customer.

If you're simply looking for a mechanic and want to pay the regular rate for the repairs, please disregard my post.
What's considered minor?
Area wise ehhh maybe but depending on the severity bundy has a valid point. The multiple post make it seem more than minor/simple, which with parts and labor could tip the scales on good,bad or fair deal.
Pm'd you
Yelp
I wouldn't recommend bartering if that's your intention. Most car repairs cost more than your hourly rate. If a mechanic fixes your car for a fuck......... Originally Posted by albundy

Actually, the bartering route could work quite nicely if both parties strike a deal and make good on it. She's got the package (ie: p*ssy...BCD skills...etc, etc) to barter a fantastic deal for a skilled mechanic.

For instance, if her car's repairs, etc require $1K in total parts, labor (and he can facilitate said work without bumping "paid customers" from his garage) she (and any other provider for that matter) could put together a "bundled plan" (obviously it doesn't have to come down to just one f*ck, right...)

If her regular hrly rate is $$5 (taken from some prior reviews) the math is easy......4 sessions over X-period of time. She could also sweeten the pot by adding a 5th session if he throws in a tune up or a bumper-to-bumper detailing. Or...if we want to be clever about it...he gives her car a fluid flush (ie: coolant, transmission, oil, power steering, etc)....and she in turn, cleans out his fluids....

All in all, both parties have a service the other one wants.....sounds pretty cut-n-dried to me.
  • BLM69
  • 02-24-2016, 01:17 PM
Actually, the bartering route could work quite nicely if both parties strike a deal and make good on it. She's got the package (ie: p*ssy...BCD skills...etc, etc) to barter a fantastic deal for a skilled mechanic.

For instance, if her car's repairs, etc require $1K in total parts, labor (and he can facilitate said work without bumping "paid customers" from his garage) she (and any other provider for that matter) could put together a "bundled plan" (obviously it doesn't have to come down to just one f*ck, right...)

If her regular hrly rate is $$5 (taken from some prior reviews) the math is easy......4 sessions over X-period of time. She could also sweeten the pot by adding a 5th session if he throws in a tune up or a bumper-to-bumper detailing. Or...if we want to be clever about it...he gives her car a fluid flush (ie: coolant, transmission, oil, power steering, etc)....and she in turn, cleans out his fluids....

All in all, both parties have a service the other one wants.....sounds pretty cut-n-dried to me. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
I've done a few mechanic services barters, some worked out great and others I've had to chase them down to collect on their end of the deal, It was probably the beginning stages of amnesia that hit them
So what is the issue with your car.?
So what is the issue with your car.? Originally Posted by turtle138
Second that.
Why barter if I could just take my car to a real shop and mechanic? I don't get it. Bartering makes things complicated. It's easier if everyone just pay the fee for services for everything. No one owes anyone anything
  • Iam45
  • 02-26-2016, 07:16 AM
^ your cash stays with you and you get to give your time (the time when you were doing nothing anyways) for a service that you have had to pay for. Works.
Ok... how about auto painters? I'll pay for supplies and barter for labor, give me a good deal I'll pay cash, all or part.

I want a real good paint job for a vintage, collectible car.

I'm also interested in upholstery.

If you can't barter but can refer me to a good shop, I'd appreciate that as well.

Not trying to hijack the thread, just wanted to ask but really didn't want to start a thread... saw an opportunity where car guys would be looking...Thanks
Oh boy painting... That's a whole new can of worms, especially on a vintage car. Both parties better make sure nothing's left to question before starting that process.
Oh boy painting... That's a whole new can of worms, especially on a vintage car. Both parties better make sure nothing's left to question before starting that process. Originally Posted by FunInDFW
Yes, to be honest, I'd probably prefer if someone could refer me to a shop where I can get a good deal and pay for it myself... The one shop I went to quoted me $4000.00. I'd really like to get the car painted but can't afford that.