Place for burgers and beer in downtown Dallas?

I have a friend who'll be saying overnight Saturday at a downtown Dallas hotel. I haven't been to downtown Dallas since Diana was a big name, so I have no idea what's over there. I'm looking for a place to go grab a burger or some wings and catch up, preferably with some decent-looking waitresses. Suggestions?
Maple & Motor for Great Burgers
Jakes Hamburgers is off McKinney
The Rustic pretty good as well - off 75 and Haskell
Christies on McKinney http://christiessportsbar.com
  • M69
  • 02-23-2016, 12:52 PM
Burgers - Twisted Root in Deep Ellum - http://twistedrootburgerco.com

Wings - Hooters in the West End
Add Angry Dog in Deep Ellum to the list. One of my top 10 burgers. Maple and Motor is still tops in my mind, and only a short drive from DT.
Great suggestions...

I am a big fan of The Uncle Herky Burger at Luscher's Red Hots... The also have great Chicago-style dogs and Italian Beef sandwiches... www.luschers.com
Furr burgers are to be had north of Houston at the church... errr tacos I meant.
Angry Dog is awesome.
Pints & Quarts on the corner of Ross and Greenville ave. by far the best burger I've had. google "pints & quarts" for the menu.

Uncle Uber's is great too!
Either my idea of downtown and everyone else's is quite different.

I don't know of any place that is truly in downtown for a burger other than perhaps some hotel restaurants. However, if you don't mind driving a few miles, you've been given some good suggestions. Of those suggestions near downtown, I think that The Angry Dog is the best. Maple & Motor is actually a good bit further out, by the medical center (probably 3 miles vs. 1 for Angry Dog). It is also very good.
Ditto on Angry Dog! It's def #1...but Maple and Motor is a close 2nd
If you want truly Downtown Dallas and not the fringe, try Chop House Burger on Main Street - www.chophouseburger.com...
Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't know that there was a Hooters in downtown. I think he might opt for Hooters -- it's a known quantity, and he's partial to it for the scenery.