new food combo.....to me

• motor
  • 03-07-2016, 08:59 PM
ok, we have talked about beer and chocolate....very good together. We have discussed monkeys football and chocolate pudding. Now i am thinking strawberry cheese cake, which I can make, with whip cream topping. Can you drink beer with it? Or would Risque by Toad hollow be better. You guys let me know. I am always open to trying food. Also, remember, brined chicken is the most awesomly moist white meat.
I would recommend not mixing beer and dairy
Red wine (especially cabernet) and chocolate is great. Or, surprisingly, cabernet and marshmallows! I'm thinking red wine and cheesecake would be great. Maybe there's a theme here? And maybe we should take this to the sandbox?
They all sound perfectly normal to me. But then again, I had fajita meat, asparagus, and a gatorade for lunch yesterday, so who am I to suggest food pairings?
Red wine (especially cabernet) and chocolate is great. ............red wine and cheesecake would be great. Originally Posted by billw1032
Yes, yes and yes. To me, red wine has no food taboos.....

Red wine with steak.
Red wine with scrambled eggs and diced ham.
Red wine with Hot Pockets.
Red wine with a banana sliced over several scoops of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.
Red wine is universally paired with all foods.....
  • Stag
  • 03-08-2016, 11:01 AM
Pussy and maple syrup. Yum yum.
Nice thread Motor but its sandbox material
I have totally had beer with cheesecake but I think Reisling + Cheesecake or Pinot Noir + Cheesecake FTW.
ok, we have talked about beer and chocolate....very good together. We have discussed monkeys football and chocolate pudding. Now i am thinking strawberry cheese cake, which I can make, with whip cream topping. Can you drink beer with it? Or would Risque by Toad hollow be better. You guys let me know. I am always open to trying food. Also, remember, brined chicken is the most awesomly moist white meat. Originally Posted by motor

Can I come over? I drink beer with anything. Brined chicken+Beer+Cheesecake sounds like a damn fine meal in my estimation.
  • Gbfsl
  • 03-09-2016, 07:47 AM
Champaign with strawberry cheesecake is a winner.

And Stag, it also is quite a good pairing with pussy. JS
I've always thought beer and cheesecake was one of the best combos ever. Good NY cheesecake with a dark German beer like Beck's is a great taste combo. The bitterness of the beer goes with the sweetness of the cheesecake.