Domestic Drones - Brave New World?

Mueller Admits FBI Uses Drones in Domestic Surveillance

Wednesday, 19 Jun 2013 01:05 PM

The FBI uses drones in domestic surveillance operations in a “very, very minimal way,” Director Robert Mueller said.
Mueller, in Senate testimony today, acknowledged for the first time that the Federal Bureau of Investigation uses “very few” drones in a limited capacity during its investigations.
“It’s very seldom used and generally used in a particular incident when you need the capability,” Mueller said when asked about the bureau’s use of pilotless aircraft with surveillance capabilities. “It is very narrowly focused on particularized cases and particularized needs.”
Lawmakers, including Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy, and civil liberties groups have raised concerns about the impact on privacy of drones used by federal law enforcement agencies. The Homeland Security Department regularly deploys drones to oversee the southern border.
Mueller said the FBI is in “the initial stages” of formulating privacy guidelines related to its use of drones.
“There are a number of issues related to drones that will need to be debated in the future,” Mueller said. “It’s still in its nascent stages, this debate.”

© Copyright 2013 Bloomberg News. All rights reserved.
When do they start delivering pizza?
Wake up America, its Big Government vs US citizens. I hope one of these days everyone on this forum gets on the same page about all of this. Not to mention the rest of the folks out there.
Fast forward a few years and we have a swap in leadership to Republicans then the liberals will be screaming about their abuse of power. If you aint nervous now you will be soon enough, hide and watch people.
So....the FBI shouldn't be allowed to utilize drones?

Everyone loses their capacity to reason when the term "drone" is used....
Everyone loses their capacity to reason when the term "drone" is used.... Originally Posted by timpage
Hell fire. Some of our liberal buddies have been "dronin' on" around these hooker boards for years.

just sayin'

Old Dingus
  • CJ7
  • 06-19-2013, 02:56 PM
pay no attention to the date on this draft ...

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/p...Assessment.pdf
Exactly. Just like the Prism "scandal".....gov has been spying on us forever. It's not new, it's "news".....at least for a few more weeks.
  • CJ7
  • 06-19-2013, 05:26 PM
took the wingers 9 years to bitch about it ... sounds about right for how far behind times they really are
So....the FBI shouldn't be allowed to utilize drones?

Everyone loses their capacity to reason when the term "drone" is used.... Originally Posted by timpage
So should they?

I'm amazed at the board libs who NOW think that the increasing size and scope of government surveillance is perfectly acceptable. They've almost given up all right to privacy.

As long as the govt doesn't ask for an id when you go to voting booth.
Wake up America, its Big Government vs US citizens. I hope one of these days everyone on this forum gets on the same page about all of this. Not to mention the rest of the folks out there.
Fast forward a few years and we have a swap in leadership to Republicans then the liberals will be screaming about their abuse of power. If you aint nervous now you will be soon enough, hide and watch people. Originally Posted by steamyromance
Hopefully more people will come to grips with what you just posted. Iam sure you'll agree not everything is to our benefit. I think we are entering into an age of deception and betrayal, by our own government.
It is my guess that this is the drone that was tracking JD....I bet the Feds have been reading his post.
If they were, they would realize JD's comprehension level is negative and would dismiss him as totally irrelevant. Hopefully, they could convince him to leave the teaching profession before he screws up any more minds.
It is my guess that this is the drone that was tracking JD....I bet the Feds have been reading his post. Originally Posted by BigLouie
for sure on that.
With the exception of knad and acp. Just a bunch of liberal swingers gettin it on....LOL
So should they?

I'm amazed at the board libs who NOW think that the increasing size and scope of government surveillance is perfectly acceptable. They've almost given up all right to privacy.

As long as the govt doesn't ask for an id when you go to voting booth. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Justice Scalia, the most conservative Justice on the Supreme Court, doesn't believe a right to privacy exists in the Constitution. IJS...

Privacy rights is something that will be very interesting to watch in the future. With how much personal information we give out these days, it's getting hard to argue that we have much of an expectation of privacy in many of our online dealings.