Great Countries Control Immigration

A number of people from the former Soviet Union wishing to immigrate to Israel could be subjected to DNA testing to prove their Jewishness, the Prime Minister’s Office said Sunday.

The policy was reported in Maariv on Monday, one day after the Israeli paper revealed that a19-year-old woman from the former Soviet Union was required to take the test to qualify for a Birthright Israel trip.
The Prime Minister’s Office confirmed that many Jews from the FSU who were born out-of-wedlock can be required to bring DNA confirmation of Jewish heritage in order to be allowed to immigrate as a Jew.

A source in the PMO told Maariv that the consul’s procedure, approved by the legal department of the Interior Ministry, states that a Russian-speaking child born out-of-wedlock is eligible to receive an Israeli immigration visa if the birth was registered before the child turned 3. Otherwise a DNA test to prove Jewish parentage is necessary.
A Foreign Ministry spokesman said that the decision to require DNA testing for Russian Jews is based on the recommendations of Nativ, an educational program under the auspices of the Prime Minister’s Office to help Jews from the FSU immigrate to Israel.
The issue cuts to the heart of Israel’s Law of Return, which allows anybody with a Jewish parent, grandparent or spouse to move to Israel and be eligible for citizenship. Determining who is a Jew — a definition which has evolved along with the religion’s many streams — has led the interior Ministry to create a somewhat byzantine system of checks and rules and has sometimes led applicants, especially converts to Judaism, to fight for the right to immigrate in Israeli courts.
In the original report, Maariv revealed that the issue with Birthright participant Mashah Yakerson lay with the fact that her birth was only registered when she was 3 years old, therefore casting doubts on her parentage. But according to Monday’s report, the issue was compounded by the fact that she was born out-of-wedlock.
Birthright provides free 10-day trips to Israel for young Jewish adults ages 18-26 who have never been to the country in an educational framework.
Dr. Shimon Yakerson said that after appealing the decision he was told that without a DNA test, his daughter would not be permitted to participate in the program or to immigrate to Israel.
“This is blatant racism toward Russian Jews,” Shimon Yakerson told Maariv.
Yakerson said that his daughter’s birth was registered late because he was working at a rabbinical college in the United States when she was born.
Foreign Ministry officials on Sunday told Maariv that they were puzzled by the DNA test requirements, because under the Law of Return, even adopted children of Jews are eligible for Israeli citizenship.
Yakerson has an older daughter, Dina, who immigrated to Israel under the Law of Return in 1990.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/russian...need-dna-test/

This is occurring as the United States allows any third world poor person to come here and bring their culture with them to overwhelm the traditional culture of the USA.
You got a problem with the Russkies now, JL? You want to keep them in the massage parlors, where they belong
Wait..... doesnt diversity make a nation stronger? Imagine if Japan took in a few million Somalis, a few million Mexicans, and a few million Arabs. Wouldnt Japan be more peaceful and prosperous?
This is occurring as the United States allows any third world poor person to come here and bring their culture with them to overwhelm the traditional culture of the USA. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
You have not left for Tel Aviv yet? What's the friggin' holdup?
Wait..... doesnt diversity make a nation stronger? Imagine if Japan took in a few million Somalis, a few million Mexicans, and a few million Arabs. Wouldnt Japan be more peaceful and prosperous? Originally Posted by Priest Beast
what about Canadians?
You got a problem with the Russkies now, JL? You want to keep them in the massage parlors, where they belong Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Actually, I like the Russians. But if someone is moving to Israel, they gotta be Jewish.
Wait..... doesnt diversity make a nation stronger? Imagine if Japan took in a few million Somalis, a few million Mexicans, and a few million Arabs. Wouldnt Japan be more peaceful and prosperous? Originally Posted by Priest Beast
Diversity is a major bullshit program designed to destroy the US. Japan is smart enough to reject it.
You have not left for Tel Aviv yet? What's the friggin' holdup? Originally Posted by bigtex
Well, I have to close on my house, before that, I'm having an estate sale (what a racket that is - the guy running the estate sale brings in furniture to replace my stuff that he sells, then after it is over, he takes all my stuff, and sells it on consignment at other 'estate sales'. People think they are getting a great deal on everything because it is too expensive to move it overseas, and my condo in Tel Aviv is smaller so I'm downsizing.) I have to sell a few commercial buildings, also, and see off all my old friends. I'm hoping to get contracts on the buildings before I go, but I'm not going to firesale anything so it is complicated.
  • Old-T
  • 08-17-2013, 08:41 AM
If they took you in it would be more peaceful and prosperous HERE.
If they took you in it would be more peaceful and prosperous HERE. Originally Posted by Old-T
How can you be certain, Low-T? I think his contributions to our society are helpful.
It is so funny it makes your stomach churn. The premise of the Beau Bridges movie "The Second Civil War" is a federal bureacracy that attempts (by force) to make the country more diverse. Ethnic groups are imported and seeded in areas that are considered too white or too black. The breaking point when a group of Indian (from India) orphans is being brought to Idaho. It was considered a parody at the time. Now we have a Justice Department that is going to map out the racial demographics over every neighborhood in the US.
Bubba and Hildabeast did it in 95.

http://1984arkansasmotheroftheyear.b...llary-for.html

chapter 10

“Citizenship USA”

In 1995 first lady Hillary Clinton saw an opportunity to win votes in the upcoming presidential elections by accelerating the naturalization of immigrants ready to vote Democratic. As a result she initiated a program known as “Citizens USA” to be headed by Vice President Al Gore. Its goal was to providecitizenship to one million aliens by election day 1996.

This is a must read for all Americans! It's short and will take about 30 minutes. Thanks JD...
Not all immigrants help the country. This one was part of a 80 million dollar art fraud.

Caveat emptor, my friends.

Pei-Shen Qian’s neighbors on 95th Street in Woodhaven, Queens, knew he scratched out a living as an artist: he often dried his paintings in the sun, propping them up on the weathered white siding of his modest house.
They were less clear on why he kept his windows covered, or why every so often a man in an expensive car would come to the house carrying paintings to, not from, a painter.

“He would bring a painting in and show it to him, for him to work on or fix up something,” Edwin Gardiner, 68, who lives across the street, said before pausing and adding, “I don’t know what he did with it.”
Parts of the mystery became clearer on Friday as neighbors learned that Mr. Qian, a quiet 73-year-old immigrant from China in a paint-flecked smock, is suspected of having fooled the art world by creating dozens of works that were modeled after America’s Modernist masters and were later sold as their handiwork for more than $80 million.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/17/ny...anted=all&_r=0

This is provided as an antidote to all the feel good stories about immigration.
On a positive note, he has fled the jurisdiction, presumably back to China.
Hey JL did they DNA test you??? Or just have the Wassermann test?
  • CJ7
  • 08-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Hey JL did they DNA test you??? Or just have the Wassermann test? Originally Posted by i'va biggen

the milkman was Jewish, so he's half Jewish ... maybe