Dating Sites

I was just wondering out of curiosity, has anyone actually hooked up on a dating website?? If you have which one?
Yes, met my SO on a dating site. Have met a couple of ladies on Seeking Arrangement (a pseudo dating site). Also, I've lined up a lady off of Ashley Madison. Hoping to meet her this week.
I met my now ex-boyfriend off of a dating website.
Of course try datehookup.com, okcupid, pof these r the one's I know that r free to contact anyone
problem with dating sites is women are so outnumbered, especially the free sites like OKcupid.. my X i met on there and she showed me her inbox and she was getting 20+ messages a day from guys who didn't even fit what she was looking for.. .. the only reason i even met her was she messaged me first, otherwise i would of never found her

women complain that they get too many emails, and men complain that they don't even get their emails read. i have found that you have to differentiate yourself from other guys, have top notch pics and have a catchy profile and you will get plenty of responses.. but if you don't put in any effort in marketing yourself you aren't gonna get anything. if you are a fat old guy who makes 50K a year then there is about a million other guys just like you on there so good luck getting any hits.

what i would do is go on there and study the ratio of men to women in your particular age group that you are seeking and that women are seeking that you are interested in. if its 2 to 1 then that is a fair ratio of men to women. if its 8 to 1 like many of these free sites then good luck you will need it .. if you live in a rural area a site like match you aren't gonna have action, remember a site like that BOTH parties must be paid subscribers to communicate. you can shoot off 100 emails but if none of them are paying members they won't be able to read it at all. on the flipside OKcupid its free to email anyone you want so the women are getting bomarded with dozens of messages a day
I have found that dating sites are only good if you live near a major big city. I live in a very small town, so these sites don't do me any good. I'm sure you can meet people on them though.
yes! women get slammed with emails. it turns into a part-time job trying to sniff out the bs....and then you meet them in public and their pics are 20years old, or they are really married..in the middle of a divorce, whatever? too much time wasted..
I once met a guy online, exchanged many emails, met him in person..looked just like his picture...yeah I thought;-)...until I stepped close. His breath could have stopped time. very nice guy, we had drinks and talked until 1am...every time I got to close to him, I wanted to grab an oxygen mask! .......i have never smelled breath so fowl in my LIFE!
problem with dating sites is women are so outnumbered, especially the free sites like OKcupid.. my X i met on there and she showed me her inbox and she was getting 20+ messages a day from guys who didn't even fit what she was looking for.. .. the only reason i even met her was she messaged me first, otherwise i would of never found her

women complain that they get too many emails, and men complain that they don't even get their emails read. i have found that you have to differentiate yourself from other guys, have top notch pics and have a catchy profile and you will get plenty of responses.. but if you don't put in any effort in marketing yourself you aren't gonna get anything. if you are a fat old guy who makes 50K a year then there is about a million other guys just like you on there so good luck getting any hits.

what i would do is go on there and study the ratio of men to women in your particular age group that you are seeking and that women are seeking that you are interested in. if its 2 to 1 then that is a fair ratio of men to women. if its 8 to 1 like many of these free sites then good luck you will need it .. if you live in a rural area a site like match you aren't gonna have action, remember a site like that BOTH parties must be paid subscribers to communicate. you can shoot off 100 emails but if none of them are paying members they won't be able to read it at all. on the flipside OKcupid its free to email anyone you want so the women are getting bomarded with dozens of messages a day Originally Posted by joesmo888
Well-said. My observations are pretty much the same. I met my SO when all this online dating was in it's infancy. Back then everything was free but the numbers of people were much smaller. Nowadays, I think if you want to score off a dating site, you need to pay to be a member. Also, do not pay to be a member of AFF or any sites that market themselves as sites for sex. Paying for those sites is a waste b/c girls do NOT pay to join hookup sites. Only guys will pay. The only exceptions to this rule would be Sugarbaby sites b/c there are a decent amount of girls who will join those and usually don't have to pay.
I just use icky for my dates. There is a certain honesty on the dates. Taint for all ...
I met my fiancé on Craig's list. He had a bet with a buddy that he couldn't find any real girls on there. Just so happen he found me. Now we're getting married, and he's getting shipped off to the giant sand box to end the war
  • jwood
  • 08-03-2013, 06:49 AM
I'm going to try Farmers Only