Valtrex keeps cold sores from gestation

Another helpful prescription item received from my doctor for a cold sore is Valtrex.

I took the Valtrex three times a day and it sopped the cold sore during the gestation phase.

If you ever had chicken pocks you can get a cold sore and shingles.

Valtrex really works!!

Solid 8
Eccie should have a forum for Health and Medical. That would prove to be just as beneficial as the Legal forums.
Another helpful prescription item received from my doctor for a cold sore is Valtrex.

I took the Valtrex three times a day and it sopped the cold sore during the gestation phase.

If you ever had chicken pocks you can get a cold sore and shingles.

Valtrex really works!!

Solid 8 Originally Posted by solid 8
FYI--cold sores are caused by the Herpes Simplex I virus, and like Herpes Simplex II, this virus can be transmitted to the genitals. Nowadays, both forms of the virus can affect the mouth or genitals. Herpes Simplex can be managed but not cured.

Chicken Pox and Shingles are caused by the Herpes Zoster virus, which is related to neither cold sores nor genital herpes.

All strains of the Herpes virus can be treated with the following antivirals: acyclovir (Zovirax), famciclovir (Famvir), and valacyclovir (Valtrex). Valtrex is rumored to be the most effective and is also the most expensive. These drugs are primarily used to prevent outbreaks of Herpes Simplex and to shorten the duration and lessen the severity of current outbreaks. THEY DO NOT PREVENT TRANSMISSION OF ACTIVE HERPES SIMPLEX!

If you have a "cold sore" (or feel one coming on) and you perform unprotected oral sex on a partner, you risk giving that person genital Herpes.
Damn, its a good thing taint is not genitalia.

If you ever had chicken pocks you can get shingles.

Valtrex really works!!

Solid 8 Originally Posted by solid 8
fucken awsome

ive had the shingles on my SACK! for awhile now....

and let me tell you.....

thanks for the tip!
Thanks for clarifying this for the OP and those he may have misinformed. And those drugs do not come with out some potentially bad side effects, such as liver problems.
Herpes, the gift that keeps on giving.